UnevenEdge

One Piece Film Red narrowly beats Black Adam at Friday box office, Zaslav presumably planning more cuts in response

Jman

Zaslav retaliates by forcing Toonami to stop playing One Piece. I joke but I wouldn't put it past the guy.

A One Piece movie gets a wide release, a promotion with a national food chain (Carl's Jr/Hardees), promotion in Times Square and it wins the Friday box office of it's debut weekend? But One Piece ISN'T popular in the US right? SUCK ON DEEZ NUTS HATERS!!!

• Haha 4

To be fair, anime films tend to have poor legs at the box office, with strong first weekend results then weaker followings.  It's still way more money than they've pulled down prior.

The hierarchy of power has made Black Adam look like less of a bonafide hit than Zaslav was presumably praying for it to be, and next week is Wakanda Forever, a film that looks like garbage, but carries enough goodwill from the original Black Panther and Chadwick Boseman's tragic passing that it will likely annihilate all comers at the box office.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/black-adam-box-office-tops-another-slow-weekend-1235256273/

Black Adam wins the weekend at a very slow box office while OP makes significantly less than DBZ, Kaisen, and Demon Slayer, but still within expectations.  Unsurprising given OP’s general middling popularity here (something I know Toei wants to fix with the…*sigh* Netflix show).

Adam is still not doing anywhere near the higher level of expectations though.  

Edited by Jman