Xenoblade 3

naraku360

Talk to me about Xenoblade,

When you're not strong,

I'll be your friend,

And sombodyyyyy to taaaaalk aaaaabooooooout Xeeeeenoooooblaaaaade wiiiiiiiiith

Spoiler

We don't talk about 2. That one sucks.

Golden Country was alright. I'll acknowledge its existence.

I've gone between normal and hard to balance out difficulty when I get too overleveled. I might give hard another shot now that I'm feeling pretty comfortable with the combat.

XC1 set the bar so high that it was basically guaranteed that 2 would be not up to expectations. The over half of the company was busy on BotW when XC2 was being made. It feels much less polished and unfinished for the series. I like some things in it, but it's soured for me more and more over time. To its credit, the world itself is as fun to explore as any Xenoblade and it did bring the franchise into the mainstream, which I do appreciate. I respect the work put into it, I just don't like the game.

XC3 is so far the best one in any way I can think of. It hasn't hit emotional peaks as high as 1 yet, and I think that may be my emotional maturity rather than quality. The side quests are genuinely enjoyable and I got weirded out when I realized how much the characters interact with the side narratives. I don't think I've seen sidequests quite like them, and I want more things to do it this way.

Edited by naraku360

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Chapinator_X said:

It’ll have to be on my holiday list because my backlog is packed and I’ve been neglecting that to play Guilty Gear.

But I’d be open to giving it a shot since I hear it’s a huge step up in the series. 

I've consider XC1 to be one of the best games I've ever played despite the Wii version's very notewirthy flaws, and DE was a major improvement on that. I'm confident 3 is the best in the Xeno franchise, though I haven't played X yet nor beaten Xenogears. I doubt those would be better, but it's not strictly impossible.

I've been seeing people hype up X lately. I think it'll probably be a coinflip on it, my takes are pretty frequently against the grain.

Edited by naraku360

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 4:49 PM, Ric said:

The ending was kinda lame, but other than I really liked XC3. I didn't do near everything, I figured I'd save that for newgame+ after all the dlc is out.

In what way? There were a few hammy JRPG obligatory "we'll make our own future" stuff toward the end, but outside of that I thought it was a pretty solid ending.

Spoiler

Would have liked more out of Melia narratively and, despite my displeasure with 2, I was hoping for a bit more from Nia as well. Especially insofar as how tf did she become Queen of Agnus?

The side quests are generally very good and open a lot of the worldbuilding/characterization. Most of it was worthwhile, though I'm still working on the quests I missed.

XC1 is my sentimental baby, however XC3 was the best on virtually every critical level. Didn't slam me emotionally as hard but Chap. 5 ended on one of the best sequences in the Xeno franchise (Xenosaga included, no XCX or Xenogears included since I haven't played or completed those respectively). Even after beating 3, I'm having a lot of fun screwing around with party composition.

Edited by naraku360

• 7 months later...

@Ric Hey, I wanted apologize if I came off douchey with my XC2 takes. In retrospect I don’t think I put my words together very well and probably came off harsher than I meant to. It's mostly a weird personal thing that's muddied by complicated feelings on it, but I do hope I didn't make you feel bad for liking the game. I thought it would be an appropriate time to give that apology considering the DLC story expansion lands tomorrow.

Speaking of which....

96c.gif.42bc67a6e44c2b66962df819991f0212.gif

Edited by naraku360

4 hours ago, naraku360 said:

@Ric Hey, I wanted apologize if I came off douchey with my XC2 takes. In retrospect I don’t think I put my words together very well and probably came off harsher than I meant to. It's mostly a weird personal thing that's muddied by complicated feelings on it, but I do hope I didn't make you feel bad for liking the game. I thought it would be an appropriate time to give that apology considering the DLC story expansion lands tomorrow.

Speaking of which....

96c.gif.42bc67a6e44c2b66962df819991f0212.gif

Reading it now it didn't seem douchey but it probably didn't before either, I don't remember tbh I forgot about this thread. lol

I also just realized we're getting the final DLC yesterday. I saw a post and thought it was wave three not four at first. I feel like Nintendo made a much bigger deal about Torna, probably because it was announced during a Direct and this just got a trailer drop(which I didn't actually watch, hence why it being the story expansion slipped by me).
I'm in the middle of other stuff right now so I'll probably revisit the game in the summer for newgame+ and the DLC.

22 hours ago, Ric said:

Reading it now it didn't seem douchey but it probably didn't before either, I don't remember tbh I forgot about this thread. lol

I also just realized we're getting the final DLC yesterday. I saw a post and thought it was wave three not four at first. I feel like Nintendo made a much bigger deal about Torna, probably because it was announced during a Direct and this just got a trailer drop(which I didn't actually watch, hence why it being the story expansion slipped by me).
I'm in the middle of other stuff right now so I'll probably revisit the game in the summer for newgame+ and the DLC.

Cool, good to know.

They dropped the announcement out of nowhere last week. Super weird.

On 8/7/2022 at 12:42 PM, naraku360 said:

Talk to me about Xenoblade,

When you're not strong,

I'll be your friend,

And sombodyyyyy to taaaaalk aaaaabooooooout Xeeeeenoooooblaaaaade wiiiiiiiiith

Reveal hidden contents

We don't talk about 2. That one sucks.

Golden Country was alright. I'll acknowledge its existence.

Xenoblade is hard to find because of the piracy and incompatibility with different regions.