UnevenEdge

Searching for apartments is the worst

Swimmod_Luna

Find an apartment on one site that looks great for a great price. Read some reviews on another site and they all say it's the worst place ever. Every single apartment in my price range seems to have this problem.

Of course I know some of the reviews are probably bullshit and just people making a big issue out of minor inconveniences or complaining about things that would never be an issue for me (I WAS ONLY 5 DAYS LATE ON RENT HOW DARE THEY PENALIZE ME. ONE STAR). My current apartment had a bunch of negative reviews too and I've had 0 issues in the 9 months I've been here. But who knows which reviews are legit and which aren't.

People tend to be more motivated to make a review about a negative experience than state that things were just okay, nothing special. When there's a specific complaint repeated throughout, then it's clearly an issue. Everything else you just have to take with a grain of salt.

When We've moved in the past, the most helpful thing is to actually go to the place and get a feel for it.

I don't wanna be poor.

I've considered trying to rent a house but the cheapest I've seen is like 900 a month. My budget is like $850 and even that is pushing it.

it's not so bad, you just have to learn to play upon a stereotype of a basement dweller IBer who complains that they have no money and doesn't do anything to change that.

People tend to be more motivated to make a review about a negative experience than state that things were just okay, nothing special. When there's a specific complaint repeated throughout, then it's clearly an issue. Everything else you just have to take with a grain of salt.

When We've moved in the past, the most helpful thing is to actually go to the place and get a feel for it.

That's true. I plan on looking at places before I move, of course.

I do but my new job is 30 minutes away without traffic I'd like to be a bit closer.

Also really far distance wise. I'd be driving 50 miles in total every day just to get to and from work.

just don't tell kidney your new address and you can finally be free