UnevenEdge

Should've went to this bar to see my tenant do metal covers.

PhilosipherStoned

but I just got off work and this dudes going to an open mic night at a tejano joint at which they answered the phone in spanish first, but still said yeah to him playing shit like metallica supposedly....

Nah bro hope that works out, but maybe I'll catch him at the next one he's going to. At least I know that place recieves the metal scene a little bit better. Lol this dudes probably gonna get an empenada shoved up his ass at this first one. Gotta admire his courage though I guess..Just not sure if it's courage or you know..stupid. 

5 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Are you implying that people of color don't listen to Metallica?

>.>

What I'm implying is I don't think this Tejano dance joints going to be particularly hyped to pause their dance groove to watch someone do a half ass cover of Metallica. I could be wrong though. and here's hoping.

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

.....i really hate to do this because of how you get in your feelings, but im just posting on topic. like many of the words abused by tbe younger generations, Tejano is just a word thats used for Latinos in Texas....its no longer a culture, or specific people....its literally anyone with a little latino blood. The first i heard the word was my ex using it to tell me about her friends we were going to visit....then k started hearing it more.

I went to a Tejano bar a few years back and all they played was pop and rap....i think i heard some classic Mex at one point, but im pretty sure it just segued into that fucking panda song