UnevenEdge

Scavengers Reign *finally* gets a series order... but for HBO Max

Blatch

You might remember when the Scavengers pilot short aired on Toonami all the way back at the end of 2016. Don't know what's taken so long, but a full-length treatment of it is finally going to air. I hope we can at least get premiere encores.

Late edit: DeMarco is implying... something.

[ergh, can't get this space to go away]

Edited by Blatch

I just found out my family has an HBO Max account (came with the change in their cable from Spectrum to WOW!), and the next episode of Kinky Kunoichi: Nagoya File I'm set to actually do writing for is hypothetically attributed to the Scavengers duo, so this is very good news indeed.

A Toonami broadcast would be welcome as well. :)

So maybe Toonami eventually. That’s what I read from Jason’s response.

In short if its an anime series (not film) co-production then WBD is all about putting it on Adult Swim and Toonami but if it’s a western action/drama then off to HBO Max it goes and Primal is the only exception for now.

I suppose you could look at it another way. If WBD has to foot the bill for an animated action/drama series then they don’t think it’s worth it if it’s just for Adult Swim and they see HBO Max as the primary platform for that audience. Hence why they’re not sharing Young Justice.

• Like 1