UnevenEdge

MTG Arena...

Lasty

Anyone know of a one card solution to early game creature rush available on Arena? They need to put crawlspace on there, or something. A lot of my decks won't work if I take out a bunch of cards to make room for blockers, and I'm sick of not really getting to use them at all.

14 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

this for standard or historic? isnt  there a decent 3cmc sweeper available? its been awhile since i played standard or arena so im a little bit out of the loop. 

Historic. Bontu's Last Reckoning, but I rarely make decks with black...

On 6/9/2022 at 7:17 PM, Distortedreasoning said:

what colors you playing? you might not have an option unless you splash for a different color. 

I have a variety of decks that have this issue, and none of them are white because board wipe + life gain solves that problem.

On 6/9/2022 at 7:18 PM, Distortedreasoning said:

also what archetype you playing? if you running some combo deck, you might just be too slow. 

It wouldn't be too slow if crawlspace was a thing. I have this infinite turn deck that has a hard time with this in particular. I see goblins or some shiz like that, I concede immediately

sounds like youre running some sort of blue combo deck. you can run single target bounce spells and hope you can survive long enough to get your combo going. red or black splash can let you run low cmc removal and even some sweepers. but if you stick with mono blue that is a problem. creatures these days are the most powerful type in the game. 

On 6/16/2022 at 11:47 AM, Distortedreasoning said:

i mainly play mono red myself so i can tell you that combo decks need to be fast if they want to have any chance of winning the match.

It's not a very diverse play environment... Everyone either has a bunch of creatures, or a deck filled with hate cards. It's not interesting when the available cards dictate that basically only two deck types are viable.  I don't like black or red, try to avoid them. Too aggro.

My infinite turn deck is green blue. Green has some life gain, and I use polymorph enchantments with blue. Bounce might help, if I draw it. Maybe I should splash white for boardwipe... I'm building a whole new deck at that point though.

On 6/17/2022 at 5:33 PM, Lasty said:

It's not a very diverse play environment... Everyone either has a bunch of creatures, or a deck filled with hate cards. It's not interesting when the available cards dictate that basically only two deck types are viable.  I don't like black or red, try to avoid them. Too aggro.

My infinite turn deck is green blue. Green has some life gain, and I use polymorph enchantments with blue. Bounce might help, if I draw it. Maybe I should splash white for boardwipe... I'm building a whole new deck at that point though.

yes, anything that takes away from the efficiency of the combo is not the direction you wanna go. thats my advice. if you find your combo too slow and youre dying to creatures, then you need to be faster, or maybe force them to interact with you more. 

im not too familiar with historic tho so i cant really comment much on the meta. i know thats been a complaint with standard for a while now, lack of diversity in the meta. decks always get finely tuned to be the best aggro or control decks. it happens in all formats, even older formats you see a lot of the same decks.