UnevenEdge

Been working in retail for over 2 years now

Stonergoth187

Honestly I'm kinda sad that some guy booked it after he couldn't afford a new phone because I wouldn't mind making another sale. I think selling phones is wonderful. Granted, I have privelages selling for a mobile phone carrier that most people don't have. Locals mention all the time how I look just like I know what I'm doing, and i think people harass me less because I know their IMEI. Most people understand the phrase "assisted support fee" and when they realize I'm getting paid to transfer their dirty pics from their old phone to their new one, they get curious if I judge them. I did talk to 2 friends about if iphone, samsung, or the pixel was better, and they said noone really cares as long as it sells.

The food is edible here. We have a lot of sub-par restaurants next door. I've been to all 5 of them now, and I can't tell the difference. Lot's of grease and salt *spills grease all over phone* and the food is so cheap! You can get a combo meal for $4.

That is to say not everything is perfect. Its still in the south. With crazy heat waves and weather over 90 degrees and I still have to dress in uniform. In all my pics my hair is flying everywhere because I like to sit in front of the AC unit. Hard to find a good smoking area during break, but when you do, everything is lovely. Not much shade outside, roads turning into grass, so much pollen I bring it to my bed every night.

But I do enjoy working here. If I had known I would thrive in mobile phone sales I wouldn't be drowning in student debt. But these are lessons for someone else, or maybe if I'm lucky, I could do things differently all over again.

• Like 4

I'm glad. It sounds like you really like what you do and that you're at peace. I hear you on the student debt. Some days Im like ... do I even like what I do?!  but then I'm like .... bitch you can't afford not to like it. You owe the government a whole house in student debt 

Smile Laughing GIF - Smile Laughing Sad Smile - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1

Paying off student loans was the happiest day of my life....no fucking cap.

Those people are relentless. I still owe medical bills, and they stay chill as long as I send a smidge of what I owe,but student loans wasn't having that shit... In fact, I didn't pay it .. they took most of that shit andi was like Ok, ok....let's talk deferment and payment options, pleeeeeeease

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Paying off student loans was the happiest day of my life....no fucking cap.

Those people are relentless. I still owe medical bills, and they stay chill as long as I send a smidge of what I owe,but student loans wasn't having that shit... In fact, I didn't pay it .. they took most of that shit andi was like Ok, ok....let's talk deferment and payment options, pleeeeeeease

No way I can pay them off .... but then no way I can buy a house for real without paying them off. I pulled some money from my retirement to pay off my car that got totaled a few months after I paid it off. That kicked up my income and my income repayment plan. 

Rubbing Face GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Sad 3