UnevenEdge

Poof made money from her body

Poof

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_graffiti

There have been numerous examples found on sites of the Roman Empire, including taverns and houses, as well as on pottery of the time. In many cases the graffiti tend toward the rude, with a line etched into the basilica in Pompeii reading "Lucilla made money from her body," phallic images, as well as erotic pictures. Other graffiti took on a more innocent nature, taking the form of simple pictures or games.

Dialogues
Graffiti is often meant to be seen and expects to be read. A dialogue is formed between the reader and the inscription and can be simple as they speak directly to the readers in forms such as "if anyone sits here, let him read this before everything else…" as well as "He who writes this is in love… and I who reads this am a prick."

There are also dialogues where one passage answers another. These responses take the forms of greetings, insults, prayers, etc.

One passage on the staircase reads:

"Successus the weaver is in love with the slave of the
Innkeeper, whose name is Iris. She doesn't care about
him at all, but he asks that she take pity on him.
A rival wrote this"

A response to this translates to:

"You're so jealous you're bursting. Don't tear down
someone more handsome―
a guy who could beat you up and who is good-looking."

Writing around 100 AD, Plutarch wrote of graffiti: "There is nothing written in them which is either useful or pleasing – only so-and-so 'remembers' so-and-so, and 'wishes him the best', and is 'the best of his friends', and many things full of such ridiculousness".

More than simply text and thought, Roman graffiti give insight into the use of space and how people interacted within it. Studying the motivation behind the marks reveals a trend for the graffiti to be located where people spend time and pass most frequently as they move through a space. Common places for graffiti are staircases, central peristyle, and vestibule. 

The oldest extant image of Jesus is a Roman Graffito which disparages an individual named Alexamenos for their Christian faith. Depicting Jesus as a donkey was a common mockery of Christianity at the time.

alexamenos.png.c989e4f2be97a50b51aa94ceb5ea8c9e.png

The full inscription would then be read as Ᾰλεξᾰ́μενος σέβεται θεόν, "Alexamenos worships [his] God".

7 hours ago, Mix said:

Graffiti-1.jpg.2dc338d234a93d1484140aa1624ad8f8.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines of our posts being recovered in 2000 years and maybe one of them is really important like the Alexamenos Jesus one which is just like an ancient shitpost but it’s somehow our oldest pic of Jesus

9 hours ago, Poof said:

I was thinking more along the lines of our posts being recovered in 2000 years and maybe one of them is really important like the Alexamenos Jesus one which is just like an ancient shitpost but it’s somehow our oldest pic of Jesus

So, what we're saying here is that I'm future Jesus. I mean, that's the only logical takeaway...

10 hours ago, Poof said:

If they recover anything, it'll be twitter.

That's the Roman graffiti of our time.

6 hours ago, Mix said:

If they recover anything, it'll be twitter.

That's the Roman graffiti of our time.

Supposedly every tweet gets recorded into the library of congress. So any dumb shit you tweeted out no matter how many followers you had and even if you deleted it in like 2 seconds it’s fair game for future data archeologists 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Poof said:

Supposedly every tweet gets recorded into the library of congress. So any dumb shit you tweeted out no matter how many followers you had and even if you deleted it in like 2 seconds it’s fair game for future data archeologists 

wtf

The only perk of being a nobody with five followers is you get to make dumb jokes and nobody bothers you.

welp, might as well make an OnlyFans now. Just put it all out there. -_-

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nameraka said:

I already have been... In the future... Which is now.

Ohhhhhh I get it I get it this is all about Sponges time religion isn’t it? And you’re supposed to be sponges’ Time Messiah?

2 hours ago, Mix said:

wtf

The only perk of being a nobody with five followers is you get to make dumb jokes and nobody bothers you.

welp, might as well make an OnlyFans now. Just put it all out there. -_-

Maybe if you work hard and make an OnlyFans now, you can be in congress someday and delete it from the library

17 minutes ago, Poof said:

Maybe if you work hard and make an OnlyFans now, you can be in congress someday and delete it from the library

This is probably how President Camacho got started.

I can't wait to lose my way and be consumed by power and greed.

• Like 1