UnevenEdge

rescued kitten

revelations

out on our nightly walk around the property last night, we heard meowing coming from across the highway.

we walked over and there was a kitten, halfway up a tree.

eyes shut from crud all over them. looks like conjunctivitis.

one eye could open a little, but i honestly thought the other eye was missing.

had a little blood on its face.

we brought it home and cleaned its face off and got all the crud from around its eyes. both eyes are open now.

someone just dumped it off because they didn't want to deal with it, i'm sure.

getting meds today and the local animal shelter is seeking a foster home for it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Poor little fuzzball, lucky you found it. If it's eyes were that bad it might have ended up as a snack for something without even being able to fight back. 

I was glad it had the wherewithal to make it up a tree to safety. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, revelations said:

out on our nightly walk around the property last night, we heard meowing coming from across the highway.

we walked over and there was a kitten, halfway up a tree.

eyes shut from crud all over them. looks like conjunctivitis.

one eye could open a little, but i honestly thought the other eye was missing.

had a little blood on its face.

we brought it home and cleaned its face off and got all the crud from around its eyes. both eyes are open now.

someone just dumped it off because they didn't want to deal with it, i'm sure.

getting meds today and the local animal shelter is seeking a foster home for it. 

Is it a non kill shelter?

1 hour ago, revelations said:

Afternoon update.

Kitten is still doing good.

Its napping in its litter box though.

Other than that, all signs are normal.

Orphaned kittens tend to do that, it's a security thing even if it doesn't seem to make sense to the hoomans. The litter box is the one thing that is 100% theirs and they can fit in it. 

If it truly bothers, you can try to give him a less toilet-y option by putting either a small tuperware container near the box with a handkerchief or a small cardboard box with a low enough walls for the kitten to be able to peek out if they want to. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Orphaned kittens tend to do that, it's a security thing even if it doesn't seem to make sense to the hoomans. The litter box is the one thing that is 100% theirs and they can fit in it. 

If it truly bothers, you can try to give him a less toilet-y option by putting either a small tuperware container near the box with a handkerchief or a small cardboard box with a low enough walls for the kitten to be able to peek out if they want to. 

It's actually one of the most recommended things to do with a kitten who was rescued. Is just let them be in a tiny confined box for a couple of days and gently try to have them get used to your presence.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, InsaneFox said:

It's actually one of the most recommended things to do with a kitten who was rescued. Is just let them be in a tiny confined box for a couple of days and gently try to have them get used to your presence.

What I meant was that it doesn't make sense to the hoomans to be curling up in what's basically a toilet. :D 

Small personal area is the important thing to little babby furballs. 

3 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

What I meant was that it doesn't make sense to the hoomans to be curling up in what's basically a toilet. :D 

Small personal area is the important thing to little babby furballs. 

*looks at ferret sleeping in the shitbox* Yeah animals don’t always get the concept of toilet etiquette.

• Haha 1