UnevenEdge

Do You Think Toonami Really Did Support One Piece the best they could?

Naruto won't be removed. HxH won't either.

This fate is only for One Piece. Because no one likes OP in America and OP has shit luck, whereas the other two do not.

HxH hasn't had bad luck?  It barely even got licensed, dubbed, and on the block.  Took forever for that to happen, and it sure as hell wasn't a guarantee.  Many thought it would never air.

HxH hasn't had bad luck?  It barely even got licensed, dubbed, and on the block.  Took forever for that to happen, and it sure as hell wasn't a guarantee.  Many thought it would never air.

many thought one piece would be on toonami forever(or until it died)...funny how things turn out

was naruto really doing that much better ratings wise? while one piece got promoted and some decent love from the toonami crew  they didn't do so much for naruto.....wouldn't be surprised if they didn't give a crap about it

so i can't really see that changing anytime soon especially with naruto taking one piece's spot

I don't think anyone can say that Toonami gave anything other than total support to One Piece.  They aired the show for nearly 4 years.  They gave the show a marathon.  They've consistently defended One Piece's ratings, to both the fans and to Adult Swim higher ups.  For it's first two years, they kept One Piece in an early timeslot on the block, despite the fact that it's ratings probably warranted moving it down.  It's clear that Toonami loves the show and wants to see it continue.  Cancelling One Piece was not a decision made out of malice, as far as I can see.

That being said, I do think Top Gun is right in that Toonami sort of screwed the series from the beginning.  Davy Back was an absolutely terrible place to start the series, even if that was the HD starting point of the show, and there's no doubt that it alienated a lot of people from watching the series.  There were a number of better places to start: the beginning (which is what I, and a lot of other people, wanted), from directly before Water 7, like Top Gun suggested, from current with the dub, etc.

I'm also quite surprised that ratings was the main cause for the removal.  I still don't understand what ratings [as] expects One Piece to get at such an early in the morning timeslot.  The retention was fine for One Piece compared to the other shows.  Perhaps it might have had something to do with the recent trend of the last show on the block beat One Piece in ratings?  Regardless, I don't understand.  At the same time though, I know [as] is a business, so I don't hold any ill will to Adult Swim.

Finally, Tokyo Ghoul on Toonami.  I sincerely don't know how to feel about this.  Part of me wants the show that replaces One Piece to be a much better show, like the 2003 Fullmetal Alchemist.  The other part is excited that we have another Edgelord 2 deep 4 u anime that I can just riff and make fun of while watching.  I can't really say it's being made up to be a scapegoat, or anything, though, since I know it HAS been requested by people.  I don't know WHO would request a show like this, but it HAS been requested. 

i bet most people tuning in wondered what the fuck caused one piece to vanish?....

the send off they did made it seem like one piece's chances of returning are 0%

it's like it's dead and one piece is basically dead in the mainstream now

Buy a funimation subscription and you can watch the dubs. Last I checked they got up to Impel Down.