UnevenEdge

Pretty Boy Detective Club

panic

Looks like Bakemonogatari and is as pretentious as Bakemonogatari, so no surprise that its from Nisio Isin.

I had to watch episode 2 just to find out the answer to the mystery before I dropped it, and I haven't been this pissed off at shitty writing since Code Geass.

"ITS A SATELLITE... THAT WAS NUKED!"

"ARE THEY GOING TO COME AFTER ME? AM I GOING TO DIE? "

The next line should have been "Why the fuck would they? Are you fucking nuts?"

But instead "DON'T WORRY, PRETTY MIDDLE SCHOOL GENIUSES WILL PROTECT YOU!"

What the absolute fuck? Go to fucking class! The only thing you should be protecting is your virginity from Nisio Isin.

Spoilers? No, you're welcome. Save your brain cells and watch something with superior dialogue, like Troll 2.

This show has been scratching an itch I’ve had for an overindulgent NisioIsin story. It’s been hilarious to see how the mystery starts to escalate into a global conflict and the boys are just like “No matter! Such a beautiful happenstance cannot go ignored!” 

It’s hard not to like the show when there’s a tough guy character who speaks in metaphors when he wants to insult someone. It was also funny in the last episode when the mercenary woman noticed the athletic boy had toned thighs, and then suddenly, she started to show off her own thighs, as if she saw that as enough common ground for them to negotiate. 

Saturdays are packed so I can see this show falling by the wayside for a lot of viewers, but I’ve been digging it so far.