UnevenEdge

Watching Troy on Netflix

Mortir

Plus Brad Pitt is amazing at portraying Achilles. Said to be the greatest Greek warrior of all time and supposedly the son of a king and a mermaid, Achilles is actually the first iteration of Aquaman. That is the way I see it and am sticking to it though. Goes out like a wuss though. Idk they probably had to write him like that because he was too OP or something.

1 minute ago, Poof said:

the thing about the ancients they were simple but still deep

Oh yeah the lore is awessome. Like all the drama like Achilles could just take out Agamemnon at any point but he is conflicted. Paris and Helen being recklessly in love. There are so many interesting characters.

9 minutes ago, Mortir said:

Plus Brad Pitt is amazing at portraying Achilles. Said to be the greatest Greek warrior of all time and supposedly the son of a king and a mermaid, Achilles is actually the first iteration of Aquaman. That is the way I see it and am sticking to it though. Goes out like a wuss though. Idk they probably had to write him like that because he was too OP or something.

he was probably overhyped

1 minute ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

Pretty lame they made Patroclus his cousin instead of his boyfriend though. Dishonesty in Hollywood! He came out to fight because his man tried to show off and got himself killed.

Who says cousins cannot be luvins? Yeah. My thoughts exactly.

Like right now Achilles is saying bye to his mermaid mom and she tells him that if he goes to Troy he will not return. He either does not believe her or is so transfixed with the possibility eternal glory that he goes anyway. This is good stuff.

4 hours ago, Mortir said:

Artistic liberty I guess.

Well you gotta make a movie. The book is 700 pages of prose. Still though, gods engaging in battle and pushing extraordinary men into heroes is outstanding though. Agememnon had his nuts clipped by Hera if I remember because the whole war was to torture Zeus. Like I think she told Aphrodite to make Agememnon desire Briseis to put Achilles in a fit. It was funny how this amazing war story was based on Zeus fucking everything he possibly can. It's every story about Zeus it seems like.