UnevenEdge

DB Super reruns to replace DBZ Kai reruns at 7:00 PM CT/8:00 PM EST On 8/15

16 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Dude, we don't live in the Central Time Zone like you apparently do. Just say 8PM EST like the Tweet you posted.

thanks for the feedback  an edit has been made to the topic's title since you asked so nicely

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Thanks 1

I guess they got it all back on a 2-year deal, but why August 14th I wonder? The first series returned on 9/29/18.

Weird that they're not going on with DBZ KFC--Maybe they already lost the rights to that?

But Adult Swim beginning its broadcast evenings on Saturdays with "Fight it Out to the End of the World" these days would have been somewhat appropriate!

And I guess that means there will be THREE episodes of Dragon Ball Super on [as] every Saturday night, barring marathons and/or special events.

Edited by OwlChemist81

8 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I guess they got it all back on a 2-year deal, but why August 14th I wonder? The first series returned on 9/29/18.

Weird that they're not going on with DBZ KFC--Maybe they already lost the rights to that?

But Adult Swim beginning its broadcast evenings on Saturdays with "Fight it Out to the End of the World" these days would have been somewhat appropriate!

And I guess that means there will be THREE episodes of Dragon Ball Super on [as] every Saturday night, barring marathons and/or special events.

sounds like super overkill

They really don't need to run 3 episodes of Super every Saturday... give one of those slots to an MHA rerun at least, sheesh.

They'll probably just keep Super at 8pm for PGish content right after CN programming but I wonder if they'll end up shifting things around, air comedy from 8pm-11pm and start Toonami at 11pm with an hour of DBS reruns (followed by 6 other shows). They'll probably keep Family Guy in the 11pm hour for now though.

I hope no one was looking forward to DBZ KFC. I'm inclined to think they didn't renew The Final Chapters and only renewed up to episode 98. And now they're about to lose Kai. That will leave Super as their only Dragon Ball show and you know what that means... Super is gonna get played a lot.

Edited by Sketch
  • Like 1

They've also cut back on a lot of their streaming offerings too:

• MHA is no longer streaming (but Season 4 Part 2 is On-Demand)
  • Only a few episodes of Demon Slayer are streaming (no clue what this means)
  • One-Punch Man is down to Season 2 streaming, which means I guess they had Season 1 on a 4-year deal?
  • genLock's first episode is no longer streaming, which might imply that each episode was contractually available for a year.
  • Lupin the 3rd: Part 4 has finally been pulled

DBZ KFC arguably got treated the worst of any of the [as] era Dragon Ball pickups. Each episode only aired once, save for a few marathons. Yes, many of them got to stream on the streaming channel from 2017-2019, but since that thing was hamstrung to just 5 episodes a week, I don't think they all streamed on it (they were all offered individually, however).

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Sketch said:

They really don't need to run 3 episodes of Super every Saturday... give one of those slots to an MHA rerun at least, sheesh.

They'll probably just keep Super at 8pm for PGish content right after CN programming but I wonder if they'll end up shifting things around, air comedy from 8pm-11pm and start Toonami at 11pm with an hour of DBS reruns (followed by 6 other shows). They'll probably keep Family Guy in the 11pm hour for now though.

I hope no one was looking forward to DBZ KFC. I'm inclined to think they didn't renew The Final Chapters and only renewed up to episode 98. And now they're about to lose Kai. That will leave Super as their only Dragon Ball show and you know what that means... Super is gonna get played a lot.

i hope we don't get another DBS Marathon for labor day weekend....I'd prefer something else honestly

every marathon shouldn't just be a dragon ball marathon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

i hope we don't get another DBS Marathon for labor day weekend....I'd prefer something else honestly

every marathon shouldn't just be a dragon ball marathon

How about a 5-hour Ballmastrz: 9009 marathon!?

There ARE things that would be worse than a Dragon Ball Super marathon!

3 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

How about a 5-hour Ballmastrz: 9009 marathon!?

There ARE things that would be worse than a Dragon Ball Super marathon!

yeah but we've never gotten A Black Clover Marathon and the last jojo marathon we had was during part 1....

Hell A Fire Force S1 Marathon would be great as it would feature some of the earlier episodes not included in the rerun slot(since it will begin at EP15)

• Like 1