UnevenEdge

Times Toonami had to air stuff no one really wanted

Jman

On 8/2/2020 at 3:17 PM, HardcoreHunter said:

I think the trend of us getting older anime was more due to DeMarco and his friends picking what they liked. Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Blue Gender, Evangelion, etc. Just about all the classic shows came out in that 95-2000 time window. 

Demarco was not running or involved with ASA...

Either way I am glad they aired those shows, even if I thought Blue Gender was meh and forgettable, with a few hilariously bad moments like this -

And I thought Evangelion was overhyped, overrated, and horrible, and full of annoying and unlikable characters.

Bebop and Trigun were great though and complemented each other well when they ran back to back!

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 9:58 AM, elfie said:

Also older anime is cheaper to air, which is why they started out the revived block with the likes of Casshern Sins.

Demarco has claimed that getting older shows or reruns are no cheaper than getting new shows.  That's why he said Toonami couldn't maintain a library like ASA did and many of the shows would have to be one and done, if people wanted to have more premieres.  I think they got Casshern Sins because it was DARK to show how mature and grown up the new Toonami was.  Same thing with Deadman Wonderland which was DARK and EDGY, but at least it was over-the-top, silly, and funny at times.  Casshern was depressing and a whole lot of build up for not just a rushed and clumsy ending, but the BAD END.

Regardless of all that, ASA was mainly just dumb with their show picks a lot of the times, which is why we got some of the shows we got.  In AVGN voice - If Demarco has shit taste, ASA had diarrhea taste!

On 8/2/2020 at 7:51 PM, PokeNirvash said:

It was 5AM EST, with Moribito at 5:30. Luckily, Bandai and Media Blasters were pissed off enough that they forced [as] to move them back to more respectable times - which was how we got the whole "anime on Saturdays only" situation we had from 2008 onwards - so as bad as it was, things kind of worked out in the end.

I remember that whole fiasco.  I was lul-ing because I hated Geass, although I liked Moribito.  Good thing I am good at staying up late.  But I don't remember that it lead to anime being relegated to Saturdays or that the two situations were connected at all.

On 8/3/2020 at 1:50 AM, Daos said:

Inuyasha was basically One Punch man by the end of Inuyasha. I wonder how they write him out of the story so the kids can fight stuff without his help?

I don't know about One Punch Man but yeah Inuyasha was pretty powerful heh-heh.  They are going to have to write Inuyasha out of the story, and also Sesshomaru, Kagome, Miroku, and Sango, or weaken them somehow. 

Given the vague information we have been given so far, it seems Towa, Setsuna, and Moraha have all been separated from their parents.  I hope they aren't all just dead because that would be fucking stupid and piss me the hell off and I'm sure most other fans.  It can simply be a case that they got lost/separated from their parents somehow and their parents don't know where they are.  Inuyasha has good sense of smell but even the best bloodhound couldn't track someone across an entire country.  On the other hand, Sesshomaru can fly and has as good or better sense of smell than Inuyasha and he never seems to have any trouble finding Inuyasha.

Then there is the fact that Setsuna, and possibly Moroha too, since she seems to be training with rather than fighting with Setsuna in the trailer, are being raised and trained by Kohaku, along with Miroku and Sango's son.  This concerns me because why is Sango not involved in training the new demon slayers?  And would Miroku not want to teach them some of his own abilities as well?  They could be "retired" I guess but it is not like they would be frail and weak being in their 30s, they should be even stronger and more experienced by then, if anything.  Of course Miroku wouldn't have his Wind Tunnel, so there is that.  The same would go for Kagome and Inuyasha, and especially Sesshomaru since demons age slowly.

But besides that, why would Inuyasha, Kagome, and Sesshomaru not think to look for their kids where their friend's brother is training demon slayers?

Yashahime_blogsplash_1200x630.jpg

From the poster, Inuyasha and Sesshomaru are placed distantly, Sesshomaru looking up at the sky and Inuyasha's back is turned.  It implies they are not able to be involved, for whatever the reason might be.  But what worries me is Kagome is not shown at all!  Neither are Sango and Miroku, but they are potentially on rocking chairs watching over Kohaku's training of the slayers lmao.

Oh and Kaede is still alive somehow and looks exactly the same lmao.

Edited by ben0119

Kirito has like 6 girls irl that want him and 5 AI that want him. "no it's not a harem"

You do know that 99% of harem series don't have a harem end; right? It's annoying and dumb, but it's been that way forever. Tenchi for the longest time was the only harem show that actually had a harem end. The rest were bullshit that will give the MC a harem of girls who like him, but he only ends up with one of them.   Either way it's a harem. He adventures with a bunch of girls, majority of them have shown that they want him romantically. 

Konosuba pretty much makes fun of tropes in isekai type shows. The party is pretty much made up of horrible people that can't get parties with others because they suck so bad. So Kazuma doesn't want any of them around, but at the same time he sucks so bad that he needs them. Anytime they win it's usually because they failed successfully. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

The party is pretty much made up of horrible people that can't get parties with others because they suck so bad.

What really sets KonoSuba apart is that it's basically It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Everyone is so terrible of a person that you can't help but be charmed by their continued descent into degeneracy. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Syon said:

What really sets KonoSuba apart is that it's basically It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Everyone is so terrible of a person that you can't help but be charmed by their continued descent into degeneracy. 

Have actually described it as that in the past. In the LN Kazuma isn't even labeled as a hero by the demon king, but a rival demon king based on all the stories they've heard of him and his group. Probably doesn't help that he's "recruited" a couple of the demon kings generals. Even the one in the movie was willing to support him as her new demon king. 

• Like 1