UnevenEdge

HBO MAX launches today, includes limited selection of Adult Swim

Jman

29 minutes ago, Soma said:

I've been looking at HBO Max and it's pretty underwhelming tbh. The DC, Adult Swim, and Crunchyroll stuff are extremely limited.

I think it’s because they have to wait for rights on a lot of stuff licensed to other services to expire before they can add it.

If I didn’t get it for free because of my phone plan, I would have held off.  As it stands, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is on, so “Yo Holmes, to Bel-Air!”

Edited by Jman

Figures they would only add the most popular and trending shows from Adult Swim.  I never see anyone talking about Moral Oral these days. ... it's odd how Superjail was the talk of the all the animation sites at the time, but now it;s like it never existed.

52 minutes ago, Soma said:

I've been looking at HBO Max and it's pretty underwhelming tbh. The DC, Adult Swim, and Crunchyroll stuff are extremely limited.

I KNEW it was the right decision to keep my Crunchyroll account. Then again, you know they'll roll out a ton more stuff as the months and years go by.

45 minutes ago, Jman said:

I think it’s because they have to wait for rights on a lot of stuff licensed to other services to expire before they can add it.

If I didn’t get it for free because of my phone plan, I would have held off.  As it stands, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is on, so “Yo Holmes, to Bel-Air!”

Yeah I assume they will add more stuff. The thing that stood out to me though is all the DC stuff missing because they were touting that every Batman and Superman movie of the last 40 years would be available at launch and a ton of them are missing. No Nolan movies, no Christopher Reeve Superman, etc.

On 5/28/2020 at 10:19 PM, ELDEMONIO said:

They might add and remove stuff over time. Would be interesting if they throw random new series only for HBO like new Eric Andre or something.

That’s the fear given it’s HBO.  That it will be whack-a-mole for stuff.