UnevenEdge

Been teaching my housemates' kid ukulele during quarantine

Bouvre

So far, I gave her the rundown on three-chord progressions, and strumming patterns. To keep her entertained and challenged though, I have her learning some songs. We just touched on Ingrid Michaelson's "You And I" and Beirut's "East Harlem."

Any recommendations for songs that would be good/simple for a beginner ukulele player?

In addition, is there anything new in y'all's domestic routine that's helping keep you sane?

• Like 2

<.< >.>

'Classical Gas'

:D Actually you can play something like 'Ode to Joy' fairly easily on a beginner uke. Bonus is most people know what that is so they can figure out the speed by ear and they feel really good about it because it's a classical song that's not 'Tip toe Through the Tulips' . 

I'm taking this time to make as many pins as I can for the Con in the fall. I'm hoping to get as many done as I have the parts for and having all the other bits prepped for when stores are open and I have a job again. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

<.< >.>

'Classical Gas'

:D Actually you can play something like 'Ode to Joy' fairly easily on a beginner uke. Bonus is most people know what that is so they can figure out the speed by ear and they feel really good about it because it's a classical song that's not 'Tip toe Through the Tulips' . 

I'm taking this time to make as many pins as I can for the Con in the fall. I'm hoping to get as many done as I have the parts for and having all the other bits prepped for when stores are open and I have a job again. 

Ode to Joy isn't a bad idea since she's also just beginning to understand major scale structure.

and I'd love to see the pins some time!

Guest LytKing
6 hours ago, Bouvre said:

So far, I gave her the rundown on three-chord progressions, and strumming patterns. To keep her entertained and challenged though, I have her learning some songs. We just touched on Ingrid Michaelson's "You And I" and Beirut's "East Harlem."

Any recommendations for songs that would be good/simple for a beginner ukulele player?

In addition, is there anything new in y'all's domestic routine that's helping keep you sane?

Riptide?

Edited by LytKing