UnevenEdge

@registered nurses β€‹πŸ˜·β€‹ β€‹βš•οΈβ€‹

Lytbryt

Hey so like I have been taking Aleves because they are helping w/ my pain and I kno it says u can only take 3 a day but is that true? Will you be okay if u take more than 3 in a day? Also is there a limit on intake because of toxicity of naproxen or toxicity because it is naproxen sodium? Cause its like a salt? And the upper safe limit on that is like 2000 mg a day rite?Β 

Edited by Lytbryt

Actually, it's 1000mg/day. Long term use can cause kidney damage and increase the likelihood of heart attack, stroke, or GI bleeding (it can also cause GI bleeding if taken on an empty stomach).

Β You'd be better off getting clinical advice that doesn't come from an anonymous message board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mthor said:

Actually, it's 1000mg/day. Long term use can cause kidney damage and increase the likelihood of heart attack, stroke, or GI bleeding (it can also cause GI bleeding if taken on an empty stomach).

Β You'd be better off getting clinical advice that doesn't come from an anonymous message board.

Are u saying u can take 1000mg of Aleve a day or that 1000mg of salt is ideal? I usually only take one or two a day not everey day tho