UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Rising film to get film screening

Jman

There is an interesting point in this article: this movie is a "final battle" of sorts.

If that's the case, why is it screening before Season 4 even ends!?

Then again, I guess that's how it went down in Japan, since it opened in Japan on December 20th, about the time that the 11th episode of Season 4 came out. In other words, the run on Toonami will have reached the same point or slightly after that when the movie comes out over here.

But then again, this movie appears to capture a concept that was an original alternate ending for the manga, so perhaps it doesn't spoil anything from Season 4.

Edited by OwlChemist81

It's an idea that Horikoshi originally had for the ending but discarded years ago. He's said that it's probably the last movie he'll be involved in, and some people conflate the two into believing that it's the grand finale because they have poor reading comprehension.

There are little bits in the trailer that heavily imply it's set several arcs ahead of where the anime will end season 4. One character who won't appear until the end of this season or early in the next already got his big reveal in the movie, basically just because he's cool and they wanted to use him from what I've heard.

• Like 2