UnevenEdge

The Walking Dead Season 7

1pooh4u

I think Negan's only a bully when he thinks it works.  Like you mention with Eugene, I think the reason Negan has succeeded there was because of what you suggest.  Negan saw Eugene's value when no one else did, and he approached and handled him the right way.  In Rick's camp, Eugene was treated like a team mascot, which left sort of constantly begging for scraps or something.

So I think that suggests that Negan is very capable of negotiating different deals with different groups.  Even though there are probably consistencies and things he does every time, I'm guessing the Hilltop deal is a bit different than the deal with the Kingdom etc etc. 

So any deal he would make with the Scavengers would possibly be based on that idea, but also his immediate need to best Rick.

The Scavengers particularly bound by any overriding honor code when it comes to dealing with outside entities.  My thought there is they were only with Rick until somebody else offered something better, and likewise, they are only with Negan til somebody offers something better.  My guess is Jadis approached Negan to get a better deal.

You can kind of read her face though as she's dealing with Negan as he amends their initial deal.  There's something there when she gives in to that that suggests she's actually thinking she made the wrong choice.

I think the Scavengers are tough, and though they seem to be a tight tribe in themselves, they are out for themselves period, and the best deal they can get.  Having lived that way for a long enough period of time, they are probably pretty set in their ways.

I don't think they're particularly evil.  And they aren't necessarily "predators" in the overriding sense.  They're scavengers.  So they'll take what they can get, and they're going to try not to go too far out on a limb to get it maybe.

The actor who plays Jadis is amazing.  Her face is so subtle but expressive.  I think she's kind of all the things mentioned above, but she is not beyond reach.  And I think she's maybe too tough to let it effect her on the surface, but I honestly think what went down in Alexandria did cause her to think a bit.  She doesn't strike me as particularly heavy on regret in general, but I think she might regret her actions there. 

Not that it will influence her behavior (maybe over time), I think she sublimates that to the scavenger community and basic survival instincts surrounding that.

that's my impression of her and the Scavengers anyway.

tl;dr warning

it could also be that negan doesnt want anything to do with those filthy people and probably doesnt see them as threats so a deal with them was seen as ok. aside from weapons, there is nothing else he wants from them. jadis approaching negan would be the only thing that kind of makes sense. but that doesnt seem to be her style. shes so bad at negotiating as well, it was pretty funny watching her deal with both rick and negan. and yes, the actress did a good job of conveying regret when negan was changing their deal on the spot.

like i said, i can see those scavengers being big wild cards in season 8.  i dont find them as particularly as evil as well and they can be reasoned with. and agree that they dont look like pushovers, and their town is such a mess attacking it seems very risky. especially now that they got all these guns.

and aside from the scavengers, there still seems to be other wildcards as well like dwight and eugene. the end of the episode had negan questioning eugene about sasha which is never a good thing. eugene knows he isnt safe and should be on his guard. and dwight, despite still following negan,  is clearly divided with his loyalties towards negan. the only other person i can think of that might change things is gregory. but what does he even do? tell them that maggie has taken over? that would mean his death when they find out he was hiding her. he seems like a non-factor now. the only thing he has going for him is that he has simons support.

the upcoming war should be interesting. from a numbers perspective, it still looks like the saviors has more soldiers. but then with all their other communities now defecting, they are without their biggest source of food production. i imagine they wont be able to maintain those numbers if they dont get that production back. also how are the other communities planing to defend themselves? the three of them together can probably fight off negans group but separately they are much more vulnerable. maybe they all move to alexandria? ricks group is still going to need more guns as well. luckily it seems like they can find them quite easily. the only other question is if we are going to get one big attack or several smaller skirmishes? several skirmishes can go on all season long, and will be the focal point to the season. while one big attack will mean a lot of build up to that one big moment.

till next season.

tl;dr warning

it could also be that negan doesnt want anything to do with those filthy people and probably doesnt see them as threats so a deal with them was seen as ok. aside from weapons, there is nothing else he wants from them. jadis approaching negan would be the only thing that kind of makes sense. but that doesnt seem to be her style. shes so bad at negotiating as well, it was pretty funny watching her deal with both rick and negan. and yes, the actress did a good job of conveying regret when negan was changing their deal on the spot.

like i said, i can see those scavengers being big wild cards in season 8.  i dont find them as particularly as evil as well and they can be reasoned with. and agree that they dont look like pushovers, and their town is such a mess attacking it seems very risky. especially now that they got all these guns.

and aside from the scavengers, there still seems to be other wildcards as well like dwight and eugene. the end of the episode had negan questioning eugene about sasha which is never a good thing. eugene knows he isnt safe and should be on his guard. and dwight, despite still following negan,  is clearly divided with his loyalties towards negan. the only other person i can think of that might change things is gregory. but what does he even do? tell them that maggie has taken over? that would mean his death when they find out he was hiding her. he seems like a non-factor now. the only thing he has going for him is that he has simons support.

the upcoming war should be interesting. from a numbers perspective, it still looks like the saviors has more soldiers. but then with all their other communities now defecting, they are without their biggest source of food production. i imagine they wont be able to maintain those numbers if they dont get that production back. also how are the other communities planing to defend themselves? the three of them together can probably fight off negans group but separately they are much more vulnerable. maybe they all move to alexandria? ricks group is still going to need more guns as well. luckily it seems like they can find them quite easily. the only other question is if we are going to get one big attack or several smaller skirmishes? several skirmishes can go on all season long, and will be the focal point to the season. while one big attack will mean a lot of build up to that one big moment.

till next season.

Gregory's a piece of shit that ratted everything to Simon, I hope a walker rapes him in the opening of season 8

also fuck the scavengers, Jadis said several times, "we take we don't bother.  Another way.  Perhaps another way"

She knows that scavenging can't be the only means of living in this world, yet she betrayed Ric for what?!?  For 12 people

which got knocked down to 10 people.  Just fuck them hard body S:

i wanted gregory dead most when he was contemplating on killing maggie.

that was a true bitch move. too bad no one else saw that.

i was thinking how he was going to rat out maggie, but he could always say something along the lines of being coerced by rick.

walker chow is what he deserves.

the most frustrating part with the scavengers was all that time devoted in the 2nd half of the season they spent with rick trying to earn their trust and finally doing so only for them to make an off screen deal with negan at the last minute. im sure they will probably go into more details season 8 but whatever it is, but it still feels bad and doesnt make much sense.

i wanted gregory dead most when he was contemplating on killing maggie.

that was a true bitch move. too bad no one else saw that.

i was thinking how he was going to rat out maggie, but he could always say something along the lines of being coerced by rick.

walker chow is what he deserves.

the most frustrating part with the scavengers was all that time devoted in the 2nd half of the season they spent with rick trying to earn their trust and finally doing so only for them to make an off screen deal with negan at the last minute. im sure they will probably go into more details season 8 but whatever it is, but it still feels bad and doesnt make much sense.

I hate Gregory but I love how Maggie openly called him out on never killing a walker before :D

Jadis explanation that Tamiel followed Negan's trucks when they left Alexandria and made a better deal is pretty weak but maybe people are the most important resource and getting a dozen people was worth fucking Rick over for.  S:

there's a lot more after that.

like another 20 minutes or so of all out war.

I got caught up via Plex and I am hyped! 

The only complaint I have, and it's the same with any other show that has a massive shootout with automatic weapons, people are just pumping bullets out and you don't see a lot of people getting shot.  It reminded me of their final battle with the Governor where everyone is unloading and no one is getting shot, they either have storm trooper-esque aim or no concept of how to suppress and flank. 

I hate Gregory but I love how Maggie openly called him out on never killing a walker before :D

Jadis explanation that Tamiel followed Negan's trucks when they left Alexandria and made a better deal is pretty weak but maybe people are the most important resource and getting a dozen people was worth fucking Rick over for.  S:

I don't remember Negan's exact words but I loved the whole "GOD DAMN THAT WIDOW ISN"T DEAD!" I don't know why but that line cracked me up.  >:D

I don't get why they would want 12 more people, that's 12 more of everything, mouths to feed, people to worry about, etc.  They're openly admitted they're not exactly self sustainable and "take things" so why turn down a good deal for 12 more people to have to take care of? 

I don't remember Negan's exact words but I loved the whole "GOD DAMN THAT WIDOW ISN"T DEAD!" I don't know why but that line cracked me up.  >:D

I don't get why they would want 12 more people, that's 12 more of everything, mouths to feed, people to worry about, etc.  They're openly admitted they're not exactly self sustainable and "take things" so why turn down a good deal for 12 more people to have to take care of?

lol, I think he said, "The widow ain't dead and she came out guns ablazing" :D

I think Negan's only a bully when he thinks it works.  Like you mention with Eugene, I think the reason Negan has succeeded there was because of what you suggest.  Negan saw Eugene's value when no one else did, and he approached and handled him the right way.  In Rick's camp, Eugene was treated like a team mascot, which left sort of constantly begging for scraps or something.

So I think that suggests that Negan is very capable of negotiating different deals with different groups.  Even though there are probably consistencies and things he does every time, I'm guessing the Hilltop deal is a bit different than the deal with the Kingdom etc etc. 

So any deal he would make with the Scavengers would possibly be based on that idea, but also his immediate need to best Rick.

The Scavengers particularly bound by any overriding honor code when it comes to dealing with outside entities.  My thought there is they were only with Rick until somebody else offered something better, and likewise, they are only with Negan til somebody offers something better.  My guess is Jadis approached Negan to get a better deal.

You can kind of read her face though as she's dealing with Negan as he amends their initial deal.  There's something there when she gives in to that that suggests she's actually thinking she made the wrong choice.

I think the Scavengers are tough, and though they seem to be a tight tribe in themselves, they are out for themselves period, and the best deal they can get.  Having lived that way for a long enough period of time, they are probably pretty set in their ways.

I don't think they're particularly evil.  And they aren't necessarily "predators" in the overriding sense.  They're scavengers.  So they'll take what they can get, and they're going to try not to go too far out on a limb to get it maybe.

The actor who plays Jadis is amazing.  Her face is so subtle but expressive.  I think she's kind of all the things mentioned above, but she is not beyond reach.  And I think she's maybe too tough to let it effect her on the surface, but I honestly think what went down in Alexandria did cause her to think a bit.  She doesn't strike me as particularly heavy on regret in general, but I think she might regret her actions there. 

Not that it will influence her behavior (maybe over time), I think she sublimates that to the scavenger community and basic survival instincts surrounding that.

that's my impression of her and the Scavengers anyway.

I've been meaning to ask you since you read the comics, does the King ever drop the act?  Also please tell me the Tiger has plot armor.....

I've been meaning to ask you since you read the comics, does the King ever drop the act?  Also please tell me the Tiger has plot armor.....

you have been watching the entire season correct?

king dropped his act with carrol. unless you mean completely drop the act? then i cant answer that.

as for the tiger, i read some spoilers.

spoilers

no

also though, you never know.  I mean, that stuff between Carol and Ezekiel where he confesses couldn't have happened in the comic because in the comic Carol

has been dead for quite a long while.

In the comic,

Carol died and Sophia is still alive

, in the TV show

Sophia died and Carol is still alive

so even if things go down a certain way in the comics, they won't necessarily go down the same way in the show.