UnevenEdge

Chihayafuru Fans 🎶

avec

2 hours ago, Mewn said:

How is the third season going?

It's def on my plan to watch and the first two seasons were adorbz.

It is really amazing so far.  It takes my breath away how beautiful the animation is and the story hasn't gotten old.  Are you reading the manga?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lesans_muse said:

It is really amazing so far.  It takes my breath away how beautiful the animation is and the story hasn't gotten old.  Are you reading the manga?

ooo awesome to hear, glad it didn't go down in quality

Naaah, I feel like I was going to but never got around to it, lawl. 

I'll probz check out this and Psycho Pass 3 after this season of anime I'm watching.

Ah, and Food Wars.

Too many. 😂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lytbryt said:

Wtf is a karuta? I checked out the trailer and its just a montage of people slapping cards away w/ some like dramatic gong sound 

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Its like a sports anime, but with some romance, coming of age/hs stuff.  Its a beautiful story.  Learning about karuta and poetry really sucked me in. 

4 hours ago, Mewn said:

ooo awesome to hear, glad it didn't go down in quality

Naaah, I feel like I was going to but never got around to it, lawl. 

I'll probz check out this and Psycho Pass 3 after this season of anime I'm watching.

Ah, and Food Wars.

Too many. 😂

Me neither - I once had a goal to collect all manga ever (yeahhhhhh) but I can't afford to buy the books.  I'm too much of a snob to do scans at this point, although I certainly have to reread and catch up on Skip Beat.

Food Wars!!!  Its as epic as ever so far this season. 😂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lytbryt said:

Wtf is a karuta?

It's a card game based on the historic The 100 Poems.  Verses are printed on the cards.  You have a deck of those cards you lay out on the floor.  A reader reads the verses and you try to be the first to a) identify which verse it is (like if you hear the first syllable, it can be a number of cards, sort of like Name That Tune), b) locate it in either your layout or your opponent's, and c) get your hand on it.  It's very physically taxing because you're on your knees most of the time, hunched over the cards, tensed to spring into action while straining to catch the first breath of a sound of a syllable while remembering where all the cards are in both players' layouts.

Children's versions of the cards have pictures of animals and such, and other variations exist that aren't the poems.

After 2+ seasons, I still don't understand all the rules, but you don't need to.  It's less about the game and more about people's obsession with it and their relationships with their peers, and the competition.  As there is no professional level that pays, it's all organized and played by people who just love the damn game.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lesans_muse said:

Me neither - I once had a goal to collect all manga ever (yeahhhhhh) but I can't afford to buy the books.  I'm too much of a snob to do scans at this point, although I certainly have to reread and catch up on Skip Beat.

Food Wars!!!  Its as epic as ever so far this season. 😂

Ah, I'm too impatient >_> that I NEED TO KNOW.

Ah, yes, Skip Beat, we are getting near to her finally realizing Ren likes her...good lawd.

Nice! I figured it'd be fun. :D I always get hungry watching that show.

9 hours ago, Mewn said:

Ah, I'm too impatient >_> that I NEED TO KNOW.

Ah, yes, Skip Beat, we are getting near to her finally realizing Ren likes her...good lawd.

Nice! I figured it'd be fun. :D I always get hungry watching that show.

I hope Skip Beat comes to a conclusion before I die.  That would really make life so much more joyful 😂😂

The yt vids of people making recipes from Food Wars 🤤

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lesans_muse said:

I hope Skip Beat comes to a conclusion before I die.  That would really make life so much more joyful 😂😂

The yt vids of people making recipes from Food Wars 🤤

Dude, right? I hope so too, I mean we're almost at 300 chapters, I feel like it's about time. 

Oh boy, I do not even want to venture to those. 😂

• Haha 1