UnevenEdge

Cola makes me gassier than other pops

GuyBeardmane

14 hours ago, GuyBeardmane said:

Someone science me up a reason.

"Certain ingredients used in making caramel coloring can cause reactions if you have an allergy to them or have celiac disease or gluten intolerance. Some of these include milk, corn dextrose, corn or wheat starch, and malt syrup derived from barley. However, these ingredients aren't always indicated individually on the product labeling."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, tsar4 said:

"Certain ingredients used in making caramel coloring can cause reactions if you have an allergy to them or have celiac disease or gluten intolerance. Some of these include milk, corn dextrose, corn or wheat starch, and malt syrup derived from barley. However, these ingredients aren't always indicated individually on the product labeling."

That's a sensible science reason.  I don't know if I have any allergies to caramel coloring, but it is the main difference between the sodas.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, GuyBeardmane said:

That's a sensible science reason.  I don't know if I have any allergies to caramel coloring, but it is the main difference between the sodas.

Just a suggestion.  Try a cola that is made with "Real Sugar" instead of HFCS.  It could be that the combination of HFCS and something in the caramel coloring could be the issue.  That is, you could be slightly fructose intolerant, and something in the caramel coloring pushes it over the edge.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1