UnevenEdge

Attack on Titan 2019 Full Re-run Discussion

1 minute ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Sad that  Petra didn't get a final speech sendoff even by her romance interest  Levi when her death came

Oh yeah.

Maybe a little something with Levi after the long walk after the part where her dad comes up to him.

Or if something in the present would be hard to fit in since she and the others go out the way they do then maybe a nice little flashback for her would have been cool when Levi had to drop her body and give up the piece of her uniform he intended to bring back.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Oh yeah.

Maybe a little something with Levi after the long walk after the part where her dad comes up to him.

Or if something in the present would be hard to fit in since she and the others go out the way they do then maybe a nice little flashback for her would have been cool when Levi had to drop her body and give up the piece of her uniform he intended to bring back.

Yeah  I supposed that's something

though it's mostly glossed over,definitely more screen time needed ,like through a flashback like you said.we didn't even get a hint at  Levi and Petra were a couple until Petra died .

Edited by Roymustang1990
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Roymustang1990 said:

I still wonder why isayama introduced odm gear with guns attached to them in the series so late.our trio of heroes could have used that here to possibly escape

Yeah, it's possible he only thought of it later but at least he came up with a good story reason later. Plus it's pretty useless against Titans.

At least story wise I'm pretty sure it's revealed that it's because it was an off-shoot of ODM gear tech specifically made for killing and countering Scouts (since they were the ones venturing beyond the walls) and therefore purposefully withheld from the rest of the military this whole time by the royal family. Likely it was intended to give Kenny's squad the tech edge if any of the other military tried anything or learned too much.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

though it's mostly glossed over,definitely more screen time needed ,like through a flashback like you said.we didn't even get a hint at  Levi and Petra were a couple until Petra died .

Oh yeah when the dad came up about the letter, other than it definitely effecting Levi they never actually clarified that so heck we still don't even really know for sure that they were or not or if it was Petra's hope in that letter to her dad.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Oh yeah when the dad came up about the letter, other than it definitely effecting Levi they never actually clarified that so heck we still don't even really know for sure that they were or not or if it was Petra's hope in that letter to her dad.

just to add  clarification to the confusion,a manga reader had told me that it stated only in the manga that they were romantic partners where the anime just glossed over it until petra's death

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

just to add  clarification to the confusion,a manga reader had told me that it stated only in the manga that they were romantic partners where the anime just glossed over it until petra's death

Oh cool, thanks

Like you said, was never sure since in the anime it seemed like it could be read either way.

Edited by DangerMouse