UnevenEdge

8 Mile ruck march today.

PhilosipherStoned

I had to re take the pt test yesterday which meant push ups sit ups and a two mile run, and I justt got back home from the national guard earlier today. We had an 8 mile ruck much bright and early which means I had to wake up and do my hour on the highway an extra hour early. I wasn't even told by leadership or anyone to be prepared for 8 miles they said it'd probably at the most be two or three. Everything is swore and the area around my balls is so chafed I've been walking a little  bowl legged. :|

This is my blog post for the day... 

1 hour ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

I had to re take the pt test yesterday which meant push ups sit ups and a two mile run, and I justt got back home from the national guard earlier today. We had an 8 mile ruck much bright and early which means I had to wake up and do my hour on the highway an extra hour early. I wasn't even told by leadership or anyone to be prepared for 8 miles they said it'd probably at the most be two or three. Everything is swore and the area around my balls is so chafed I've been walking a little  bowl legged. :|

This is my blog post for the day... 

Infantry mos?

I did my traning which was... kind of like college for me at Fort Huachuca. It was supposed to be 6 months, but with inclement weather, and other uncontrollable shit I think I stayed there almost a full year. I loved the atmosphere as a whole though it seemed like a pretty chill place even as a duty station. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

Just now, PhilosipherStoned said:

I did my traning which was... kind of like college for me at Fort Huachuca. It was supposed to 6 months, but with inclement weather, and other uncontrollable shit I think I stayed their almost a full year. I loved the atmosphere as a whole though it seemed like a pretty chill place even as a duty station. 

I loved that fort. I would move back if I could.

I can barely remember the restaurants, but I do remember Seirra Vista  had a lot of decent restaurants, and good variety all around. I never went to Bisbee. I joined straight out of high school and I was still feelin' poor as F when I was at huachuca.. Plus since I wasn't allowed to drink I didn't go off post as much as a lot of people would. They would get together for drinks and just say you wanna go? Wait nevermind your baby ass isn't even old enough to drink. 🤣

I did have a freind that was older that rented on base housing, and I chilled with him a lot, and did shit in Seirra Vista. 

Uggh at this point I'm probably so out of practice. I'm not exactly sure how to jump on that boat maybe your wife still has some connections? The way the army is paperwork gets lost so much I don't think I was ever able to get my flight records which is something they would want to see, and I logged A LOT of hours on the Shadow in Iraq. Still my dd214 is pretty solid and it shows I deployed as a UAV operator so maybe they'd give me a chance. 

Just now, PhilosipherStoned said:

Uggh at this point I'm probably so out of practice. I'm not exactly sure how to jump on that boat maybe your wife still has some connections? The way the army is paperwork gets lost so much I don't think I was ever able to get my flight records which is something they would want to see, and I logged A LOT of hours on the Shadow in Iraq. Still my dd214 is pretty solid and it shows I deployed as a UAV operator so maybe they'd give me a chance. 

If you still have an active ts clearance and a pulse you can get a job there. They are listed on LinkedIn and indeed just search jobs at Ft Huachuca. 

• Thanks 1

TBH I havent tried very hard to find it. My security clearance is still pending, and the reviewer was trying to fuck with me about lying since walmart fired me for bullshit, and I just put better employment opportunities on the form when I went through meps. I told him when I got interviewed though, that they did fire me for breaking their policy I was just rushed by the NG liasons, and they were telling me to just put shit on the form and not change my story..  I know the security clearance is one of the biggest factors, but I don't even think meps gave ts clearance when I was UAV, it was just secret.. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

8 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

TBH I havent tried very hard to find it. My security clearance is still pending, and the reviewer was trying to fuck with me about lying since walmart fired me for bullshit, and I just put betteremployment opportunities on the form when I went through meps. I told him when I got interviewed though, that they did fire me for breaking their policy I was just rushed by the NG liasons, and they were telling me to just put shit on the form and not change my story..  I know the security clearance is one of the biggest factors, but I don't even think meps gave ts clearance when I was UAV, it was just secret.. 

You just check the job posting to see what they require. If it's in the works some will hire you on probation until it comes through. It really depends on the company. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crackymckrackin said:

You just check the job posting to see what they require. If it's in the works some will hire you on probation until it comes through. It really depends on the company. 

On this though... I gotta say I check and use google, and subscribe to vet sites supposed to help connect me to the shit, but they're all lame.. My main point is I've checked and even applied for over seas jobs etc as a dod contractor and nothing happens.. I didn't have a security clearance for the last job I tried though... and a lot of positions are strict on the years you can be out of military, and hire people trying to get out on the spot.. I was so disenchanted and fucked up at the time I ETS'd from active duty I didn't want any part in DoD stuff..

I got briefs, and I was told to try to jump on stuff while I still had my MI clearance, but I was almost ready to eat shit and be homeless if I couldn't make it in the civilian sector.. I was pissed my dumbass leadership, of which my xo.. or the officer in charge was the only one there to get me flight records at the time, and his plate was full.. He was pissed I wasn't able to get my flight records, and tried to make sure I got 'em.. He din't even know I was getting out, and got pissed he didn't know I was leaving 'till the last minute, but the installation I was on was shit. Poorest moral I've ever seen.. 

I digress.. It was hard for me to even want to get back in the military on reserve status because of the bullshit I've seen. Poor organization and fucking over the little guy. Still I've respect for properly organized chaos, and the way our active military operates is pretty fair if you ask me. idk. I'll definitely apply if I meet the qualifications for that link you shot me, but I know they try to hire directly from the pool of vets that just got out a lot so it's hard to get excited. My civilian DoD UAV teachers were cool, and down to earth as fuck at Fort Huachuca though. xD

• Like 1