UnevenEdge

Go Team Venture - Dragon Con 2019...

katt_goddess

So Dragon Con happened. :P

There's a delightful fan booth there for all things Venture [ go People's Republic of Venture! ] and a delightful amount of Venture fans hiding out amongst the Vendors and Artists. I thought to share a few of the things from this year's Con for those that couldn't make it, like looking at things other than cosplayers [ Lincoln in a spedo...enough said ] and just enjoy the vicariousness of things. 

Snapshot_20190905.JPG.ea88012ee64089f20f38b6aa1c4ec996.JPG

At the People's Republic of Venture booth, every day the booth is open has a new button to collect. From bottom to top : Scrotal Safety Commission [ Friday ] ; Black Hearts Assassins [ Saturday ] ; Guild of Calamitous Intent [ Sunday ] ; Order of the Triad [ Monday ] . Henchman 21 was the late night button for a Cards Against Humanity game. The golden Order of the Triad button was this year's photo scavenger hunt prize. The badge on the bottom was an additional handout on Friday reading 'Official Crotch Buddy' . They went really fast and were this year's prized booth collectible [ last year's was a button featuring Dr. Girlfriend 'I'm Not Your Fucking Mommy' ] . 

Snapshot_20190905_3.JPG.760d28f7e822e03b5e6bde38ce5e2fcf.JPG

There's usually a really cool item that only goes to people who help fund all the fun. This year's extra special item was a Rusty's Day Camp for Boy Adventurers shot glass. Because after attending that camp, you probably could use a shot of some kind. :D Like maybe this year's recipe card offering...

Snapshot_20190905_6.JPG.a6e904dc385521a4a3ff26af456851df.JPG

Fun item received from a Venture fan in the Artist's Alley. My fridge needs all the magnets!

Snapshot_20190905_4.JPG.8b317c76519ca8b5759eb8d25c687fa6.JPG

One of my favorite artists, Spooky Chan, does a lot of VB drawings. Her, Chris Hamer [ Urban Pop ] and Poopbird are a few of my favorites and I try to hunt them down while at the Con. I picked up a Pickle Rick postcard from Hamer and couldn't find Poopbird in the crush this year but did get another Spooky Chan to add to my walls.

Snapshot_20190905_5.JPG.3ead7b93c24998237df2f330117ac302.JPG

Snapshot_20190905_7.JPG.1fc85d59e4a93c3d3ec821f7d90f84b7.JPG 

Which went great with what I found crammed in a corner of a little booth hidden along the walls of one of the 3 floors of Vendors. :) Yep, Dr. Girlfriend mint-in-box. 

So, anyone else manage the trip to Hotlanta to fight with nerds and borderline nudists? 

Discuss!...

• Like 3

20 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

My sickly ass almost passed out at an outlet mall this weekend, so I definitely couldn't have handled it. Next year, I'll try to make it again. Congrats on getting that Dr. Girlfriend, and that shot glass is cute. 

I hope it's nothing 'serious-serious' and just a touch of the usual crap. :( Usual crap can suck too but at least it's something you know. 

A word to all - Doc Hammer couldn't travel this year but he was on Skype. Come hell or high water, he's planning to be at Dragon Con for 2020. So if you are looking for a full Venture Panel experience, next year is looking good. ;) Hopefully with an episode to sneak peak for everyone. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

I hope it's nothing 'serious-serious' and just a touch of the usual crap. :( Usual crap can suck too but at least it's something you know. 

A word to all - Doc Hammer couldn't travel this year but he was on Skype. Come hell or high water, he's planning to be at Dragon Con for 2020. So if you are looking for a full Venture Panel experience, next year is looking good. ;) Hopefully with an episode to sneak peak for everyone. 

The usual crap. I just have to keep an eye on my health until Fall swings in with lower temps.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I love forgetting all about The Venture bros. until I stumble upon a new season, binge watch it, then immediately go into a funk because I want more More MORRRREEE!

Well at least it made thanksgiving bearable...

god damn this show is good....you tell Doc Mjolnir I said so

Edited by Mix
  • Like 1