UnevenEdge

I love credit card companies

Swimmod_Luna

Multiple charges for hundreds, even sometimes thousands of dollars for various things? Just fine.

A $1.85 charge from McDonald's? That's suspicious better lock your account until you verify that it's you.

Thankfully I've never actually had my card stolen I just find it funny that I warn wedding vendors that the charge for a deposit for something might be flagged, when really it's my fucking french fries that I have to worry about.

• Like 1

That doesn't make any sense something has to be wrong with an automated flagging system or something. Hopefully it doesn't do that everytime you make a small purchase or that would be highly annoying. Unless they saw the charge was way out of the geographic area you usually use the card. Some companies will lock an account until you call in and verify it's you if they see that. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

7 minutes ago, Athena 92 said:

Multiple charges for hundreds, even sometimes thousands of dollars for various things? Just fine.

A $1.85 charge from McDonald's? That's suspicious better lock your account until you verify that it's you.

Thankfully I've never actually had my card stolen I just find it funny that I warn wedding vendors that the charge for a deposit for something might be flagged, when really it's my fucking french fries that I have to worry about.

If it's out of the ordinary for you to charge at McD's (or any fast food joint for that matter), the CC co is going to look at it.  Small charges are what scam artists do when your card is compromised.  Large charges would be an immediate red flag.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

That doesn't make any sense something has to be wrong with an automated flagging system or something. Hopefully it doesn't do that everytime you make a small purchase or that word be highly annoying. unless they saw the charge was way out of theusual geographic area you usually use the card. Some companies will lock an account until you call in and verify it's you if they see that. 

I have no idea why it flagged that of all things. Thankfully it doesn't flag stuff often.

1 minute ago, tsar4 said:

If it's out of the ordinary for you to charge at McD's (or any fast food joint for that matter), the CC co is going to look at it.  Small charges are what scam artists do when your card is compromised.  Large charges would be an immediate red flag.

It's not.

At all.

Not a credit card, but a debit card nightmare. We traveled from Georgia to Pennsylvania a few years ago. Went through South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, D.C., Maryland, then Pennsylvania. We spent money in each state along the way. The next morning we went to eat, and after our meal, went to pay and it was declined. I had no cash. I'm freaking out, because I know we had a lot of money in the bank. I called my bank and they said they suspended our account because it was an out of state transaction. But we spent money in each state leading up to PA. They unsuspended it once I verified it was in fact us using the damn card. I thought I was gonna be washing dishes to cover our meal for a minute.