UnevenEdge

Might have a decent shot at a job that pertains to my education

Bouvre

A friend of my housemate is stepping down from a copywriting job with the local radio station, and was looking for folx who might be interested in taking over the position. I messaged her just now. 

Crossing my fingers. Finding writing jobs is absurdly frustrating.

Edited by Bouvre
  • Like 6

Turning in the resume on Wednesday, as suggested by the friend stepping down from the position.

I'm nervous because my relevant experience is about two years old, and I have nothing relevant since then outside of some small volunteer writing work with the local arts center. Impostor syndrome is convincing me I might only be worth consideration because I have a connection.
Still, gotta do what I do. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 2:16 PM, Bouvre said:

A friend of my housemate is stepping down from a copywriting job with the local radio station, and was looking for folx who might be interested in taking over the position. I messaged her just now. 

Update: the interview went very well. I have to provide a spec ad or two, but the president of the radio group also mentioned I'd be a good fit for a news writing position, should that position be approved to be created. 

This might be the first time my masters degree was of any job-related use.

Edited by Bouvre
  • Like 3

On 6/8/2019 at 5:16 PM, Bouvre said:

Jealous because it involves radio. I know it's nothing like being a personality (unless you'e making commercials??), but still. Sounds like it would be fun. I hope it works out! OH and I have gifts for you by the way XD

13 hours ago, 𝙍𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚𝘼𝙡𝙥𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙚 said:

Jealous because it involves radio. I know it's nothing like being a personality (unless you'e making commercials??), but still. Sounds like it would be fun. I hope it works out! OH and I have gifts for you by the way XD

Gifts? 😮

The job involves writing radio ads, but not making them myself.