UnevenEdge

The Nostalgia Critic talks about Toonami because HE’S STILL RELEVANT DAMMIT!

Jman

... 59 minutes!?  That's twice as long as the average review! I also notice there's no sponsor this week. 

Yeah... even though I no longer like the Nostalgia Critic (the less said about April 2018, the better), I been waiting for him to review Toonami FOR AGES. This review is only okay though. The skits as usual are horribly acted, and the summaries of the shows are pretty boring for Toonami fans who heard them all before 20 times over by now, but I'm glad they're finally covering them.  I ALSO LOVED the diss of his old Sailor Moon review, which was in my opinion, among his worst reviews ever made.

I'm pretty sure that's Jon Bailey filling out the role of TOM, and of course it would've been great if they just got Steve Blum instead. It's also a bit of a downer that they're not covering current Neo!Toonami, but that makes sense.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Ric said:

59 mins? Yeah, no thanks. I never thought Nostalgia Critic was more than mildly watchable.

He’s a complete assclown.  I miss when he made fun of movies before he thought he was this genius writer and actor.  Just make fun of No Holds Barred or something for 15 minutes.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 3:51 PM, elfie said:

... 59 minutes!?  That's twice as long as the average review! I also notice there's no sponsor this week. 

Yeah... even though I no longer like the Nostalgia Critic (the less said about April 2018, the better), I been waiting for him to review Toonami FOR AGES. This review is only okay though. The skits as usual are horribly acted, and the summaries of the shows are pretty boring for Toonami fans who heard them all before 20 times over by now, but I'm glad they're finally covering them.  I ALSO LOVED the diss of his old Sailor Moon review, which was in my opinion, among his worst reviews ever made.

I'm pretty sure that's Jon Bailey filling out the role of TOM, and of course it would've been great if they just got Steve Blum instead. It's also a bit of a downer that they're not covering current Neo!Toonami, but that makes sense.

Ya know Jon Bailey is known for his Peter Cullen impressions so having him as TOM instead of "the big guy" is a bit of a head scratcher. This performance was basically his Honest Trailers voice with some not so great mixing. He was fun though. Also lol at Absolutely Awesomlution.

Outlaw Star was in plenty of the clips they used but they didn't talk about it, same goes for Kenshin and Cyborg 009. Not even a mention for Megas XLR or Toonami's first original series IGPX. Also no mention of Zoids which was a mainstay for a while.

I can't fathom why they chose to talk about The Batman which didn't air much on Toonami or Ben 10: Alien Force which aired even less. Yet no mention of Batman Beyond and only passing mentions of Teen Titans, Batman: TAS and Superman: TAS.

Perhaps the biggest omission is they didn't talk at all about the wraparounds, the music videos, the promos or even the events aside from April Fool 2012. Also they used rock music instead of drum and bass. They really didn't grasp what made Toonami so unique and memorable aside from the shows.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sketch said:

Ya know Jon Bailey is known for his Peter Cullen impressions so having him as TOM instead of "the big guy" is a bit of a head scratcher. This performance was basically his Honest Trailers voice with some not so great mixing. He was fun though. Also lol at Absolutely Awesomlution.

Outlaw Star was in plenty of the clips they used but they didn't talk about it, same goes for Kenshin and Cyborg 009. Not even a mention for Megas XLR or Toonami's first original series IGPX. Also no mention of Zoids which was a mainstay for a while.

I can't fathom why they chose to talk about The Batman which didn't air much on Toonami or Ben 10: Alien Force which aired even less. Yet no mention of Batman Beyond and only passing mentions of Teen Titans, Batman: TAS and Superman: TAS.

Perhaps the biggest omission is they didn't talk at all about the wraparounds, the music videos, the promos or even the events aside from April Fool 2012. Also they used rock music instead of drum and bass. They really didn't grasp what made Toonami so unique and memorable aside from the shows.

So standard Nostalgia Critic when he isn’t riffing shitty movies.

On 5/3/2019 at 1:10 AM, Sketch said:

Toonami is way too vast to talk about in one video.

Here's the problem. This review is not about Toonami. It's about a PORTION of the SHOWS AIRED ON Toonami, which makes it less special than what we as Toonami fans expect, and just more of a regular old Nostalgia Critic episode.

Edited by elfie

I stopped watching anything by Doug Walker after the first episode of that shitty show he made to replace the Nostalgia Critic show.  Eventually I stopped watching the website altogether.  And I sure as hell am not watching any of his stuff after the Change the Channel fiasco.  Apparently he started the show up again after his other stuff bombed?  Sounds like this episode was pretty shitty going by Sketch's description, anyway.  He was way out of his depth here, it seems.