UnevenEdge

Should MHA get its topicals back?

It looks like they're going ahead with SAO: Alicization topicals although they're not the "new kids on the block" anymore. And, Promised Neverland will probably get them starting with episode 2, so that means every show before 1 AM will have topicals--except My Hero Academia.

Should there be topicals for all Toonami shows before 1 AM? Since MHA is hitting its stride in Season 3, should it get them back? And what happens when AOT Season 3 Part B premieres?

• Like 1

On 4/13/2019 at 4:20 AM, OwlChemist81 said:

It looks like they're going ahead with SAO: Alicization topicals although they're not the "new kids on the block" anymore.

And already they are breaking their own rules. Didn't take too long.

Which means they're back to 3 shows to do topicals for. ... didn't they say they had to cut down their workload?? What the hell is going on!?

Edited by elfie

Since AoT S3 is coming back, I'd rather they not clog the airwaves with more. Three is already enough, but four is pushing it. Plus, a majority of the shows with topicals are going to have 2019 animation, which MHA lags behind as these episodes aired last year.

• Like 1

Hmmm, I'm okay either way but I enjoy them so I'm not really sure why it would be infuriating to see more of their version of ep previews given to as many shows as they want, since I'm one of those people who always watch the "official" ep previews that come on after each ep on the blu-rays or streaming, especially on my first watch of a show. To me ep previews are often kind of part of the experience.

Then again I'm still a bit confused by the use of the term "topicals" for these things lol.

For example, the previews my first time going through Attack on Titan S1 were amazing and really kept the tone following the weekly cliffhanger. Teased just enough to add to the hype or mood while not spoiling.

• Like 1