UnevenEdge

Seven Deadly Sins Discussion Thread

jackiemarie90

Related image

If you guys didn't already know, Season 2 is on Netflix. Which Netflix calls season 3 because they counted the OVAs as a season even though there is only 4 episodes. lol You can discuss those here. If you read the manga like I do or end up watching the subbed episodes before they come out on netflix, I ask that you use the spoiler tag which is the eyeball button for those dipping their toes in the show. I'm currently caught up with the manga. 

Edited by jackiemarie90
  • Like 1

They called those signs of Holy War Ova's a season? Dumb.

Saw S2, still a good show. Only thing I don't like is that pretty much all the old characters have been completely left behind in terms of power, similar to the way Goku and Vegeta completely outclass everyone in DBZ. They've been Yamcha'd.

19 minutes ago, Daos said:

They called those signs of Holy War Ova's a season? Dumb.

Saw S2, still a good show. Only thing I don't like is that pretty much all the old characters have been completely left behind in terms of power, similar to the way Goku and Vegeta completely outclass everyone in DBZ. They've been Yamcha'd.

They rushed the 1st season and pretty much put less chapters in the 2nd season. I think they are balancing out growth, from where I am at,  I don't think they are that uneven. In fact 2 characters in particular are gonna get power ups immediately after the second season. And I look forward to that.

My favorite part of the show really is my ship King x Diane. xD lol But I love the shonen battles too.

16 hours ago, Ric said:

I thought about watching this once or twice but decided against starting another never-ending shounen.

I wish it was. :(

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-08-06/the-seven-deadly-sins-manga-to-end-in-about-a-year/.135134

It's decently long and there never has been a real filler episode unless you count the 4 ovas. Even then they are based off chapters in the manga. There is only like 54 episodes so far if you count the ovas. Maybe might be 5 to 6 seasons but they take forever for them to come out because they are much better quality then the ones that get made frequently.

16 hours ago, scope said:

I've only seen season one so far,  I liked it apart from the boob grabbing comedy, not that I'm all SJW about it but it just got repetitive.

That kinda only really only occurs with one character and that's meliodas. With some generous shots of naked humor here or there, but they don't really actually show anything. HONESTLY I'M OBSESSED WITH THIS SHOW. xD I really love the deep lore, everything ties together so well, there is no random story plots. At one point I thought they were going into another pointless tournanment arc but then that ended way quicker than I thought and jumped right back into the story. Season 2 is a little slow, but after that, it really starts to pick up steam super fast in the manga. I just can't freaking wait for another year or 2 to see it animated.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 2:10 PM, jackiemarie90 said:

lol it takes a lot of effort and time for cosplay and I'm mostly really lazy most of them time. :P

Btw did you know a Seven Deadly Sins movie called Prisoners of the Sky just came out and is already dubbed? I had no idea.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daos said:

Btw did you know a Seven Deadly Sins movie called Prisoners of the Sky just came out and is already dubbed? I had no idea.

I knew it was gonna release on Netflix in Latin America today, and assumed the sub would eventually be online. Lol But I was pleasantly surprised that the dub was also available in the U.S. Even though it’s your average anime movie that doesn’t add plot to the main story, I stilled loved watching my favorite characters. 😊

On 1/1/2019 at 4:29 AM, Daos said:

I watched it last night, was definitely your standard anime one off. When is it even supposed to take place?

Also Meliodas's voice sounded... off to me. Other people think so as well.

Yeah it was a bit off in the beginning. Netflix probably rushed the voice actors to get it done since movie was out in theaters in July. Honestly, don’t know if there is a legitimate timeline. I know for a fact 1 character goes thru a transformation that is gonna be in the beginning of season 3

Spoiler

After Meliodas “died” at the end of season 2.

And that transformation wasn’t shown in the movie. If it the timeline were realistic it would be sometime in between season 2.

I think Diane still had lost most of her memories at the time S2 ended right? She seemed like she was fine in the movie. And Meliodas was sort of becoming evil at the end of S2, but he seemed fine also.

I have a feeling it's about as canon as the original DBZ movies =P

1 hour ago, Daos said:

I think Diane still had lost most of her memories at the time S2 ended right? She seemed like she was fine in the movie. And Meliodas was sort of becoming evil at the end of S2, but he seemed fine also.

I have a feeling it's about as canon as the original DBZ movies =P