UnevenEdge

PlayStation Classic is coming this December

Kudasai

Just now, Kudasai said:

Oddly enough hours earlier it was announced that the Sega Mega Drive Mini won't be coming out until next year.

I heard that, good if it actually turns out to be a quality product. I've been skeptic of that since the last plug n play Genesis thing wasn't good.

4 hours ago, Ric said:

I heard that, good if it actually turns out to be a quality product. I've been skeptic of that since the last plug n play Genesis thing wasn't good.

The sooner Sega gets away from ASSGames the better, and as for the PS1 Classic I'm probably going to pass on it. I just don't have a lot of nostalgia for the 5th generation/

At first I was excited, but a couple things bother me about it. The controller isn't a dual shock, so it not only makes some games a real pain to play, but also rules out Ape Escape. There's also the case of it only being 20 games and the highlights being just the three they announced. FFVII and Tekken 3 are amazing and it'd be great to play the latter on an actual console again instead of arcade ports, but if they don't have the rights to actual "genre defining" PS1 classics, they might end up loading it with a ton of shovelware.

I expect we'll see:

Metal Gear Solid
Symphony of the Night
Syphon Filter
Warhawk
MediEvil
The Legend of Dragoon

MGS and SotN because of popularity and the rest are Sony published. Probably some more obvious choices I'm missing. If those are correct thatleave 9 open slots.