UnevenEdge

Why I should diet, but probably won’t

midnight

6 minutes ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

ah, the old 'food-as-a-lifestyle' excuse, ehhhhhhh?

Indeed. When you find something you’re good at, don’t quit it. Haha! Cooking is a passion. Eating is a pleasure. The wife and I never eat out. We both enjoy cooking and enjoying our own food. We don’t cook terribly unhealthy. Most everything is made from scratch, and we rarely fry anything. We grill and smoke most of our meats. We had a big garden this summer, which supplied us with all the produce we could handle. 

1 hour ago, midnight said:

Jowl bacon sandwich with coleslaw and bbq sauce. 

It would look a lot better and knock off some calories if you weren't using so much mayo in your coleslaw. One part of losing weight without really changing too much of what I eat has been not being heavy handed with sauces. 

• Like 1

Everyone else likes more mayo in the slaw than I do. I usually have to add more to it. This was a picture from the first time I made this sandwich. It has progressed since then. I just didn’t have a more recent picture. I’m looking to start making mayo and ketchup. We already make our own bbq sauce, honey mustard (which is more complex than just honey and mustard) and ranch dressing. Typically, now, I use less mayo than that, and a lot less bbq sauce. Usually just a drizzle. We normally don’t eat too unhealthy. Sometimes we splurge.

2 minutes ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

We eat out a lot because the kitchen is perpetually half finished and it makes cooking the wooooorst

That sucks that your kitchen isn’t finished. I’m sure it’ll be kick ass once it’s done. We eat out once in a while, but we like our cooking better than the shit shacks around here.