UnevenEdge

Dracula is actually the worst horror character.

Zenigundam

no. it's because he was one of the first 'monster's' to be based of an actual historical figure. 

in 1922 when nosferatu made his screen debut, it was quite influential partly because of the expressionist style of film 

and since the book was written in 1829, i imagine the subject matter was quite taboo. 

and of course there is the saga of the widow stoker suing over the rights of the story, and all the controversial legal drama behind the rights. 

well..they did and they didn't. you have to remember, times change as does what is acceptable.

take 'the lunatics' 1912. there was such an outcry of this style of movie (slasher) that of course it was an immediate cult sensation. 

and other movies like 'the cabinet of dr. calibari'  1920, again, following expressionalism style cinema. 

but one of the scariest movies i can remember that seems pretty cheesy now, is 'dr. jekyll and mr. hyde' 1931, which captivated audiences of that time with 

the special effects. 

8 minutes ago, Zenigundam said:

They thought black and white photos and silent film footage were like 1080p lol. Those people were such lames. Respect to anybody back then who wanted HDTV, video games, and color photos. 💪💪💪

oh...ok. i thought we were going to have an actual intelligent conversation on the horror/slasher genre. 

you just want to play your character. 

bai. 

13 hours ago, mthor said:

Yeah, sorry, off-topic (drool). It's actually not one of your better Dracula movies, but damn, who cares?

it's ok. i thought this was going to be an awesome convo about the horror/genre. 

i don't know if you remember realistme, but she/he was pretty damn savvy on that topic. 

i should have known zenimanchild was just being a dink. 

22 hours ago, Zenigundam said:

I was watching the 1979 version of Dracula today, and I remembered what a sucky horror creature he really is.

4/10 

I think it's because he was made in the 1800s when people were scared of ants.

you're just jealous because Dracula gets more pussy than you do and he doesn't even exist :|