UnevenEdge

Peaky Blinders

MEXobiologist

has anyone watched this show? if so, what did you think about it?

from wiki

Peaky Blinders is a British television crime drama based upon the exploits of the Peaky Blinders gang, operating in Birmingham, England during the aftermath of the First World War. The series was created by Steven Knight and produced by Caryn Mandabach Productions and Tiger Aspect Productions. The series centers around and stars Cillian Murphy as Tommy Shelby, the gang's leader, and Sam Neill as a commissioned detective tasked with the suppression of the gang.

so far, its entertaining me as a gangster period drama. not as much as Boardwalk Empire did in terms of television, but i like that it is significantly less glamorous seeming. i also found that i quite like the PTSD touch. i hope to see some more of that delved into throughout the series and not just fade off. the psychological episodes that occur in moments of dark depression or violence seems important and worth noting to me.

it's on my list.  has been since just before it debuted.  I just never quite got around to watching it yet.  I've seen bits of it and it looks good.

when it comes to media, I just have this list that gets exponentially longer with each passing year lately that I don't have time to check out.

it's on my list.  has been since just before it debuted.  I just never quite got around to watching it yet.  I've seen bits of it and it looks good.

when it comes to media, I just have this list that gets exponentially longer with each passing year lately that I don't have time to check out.

i know that feeling all too well

i have a ton of shows to finish and up on standby... and yet, at the end of the night, when i do decide to watch something, i still just pick something new and random thats not on the list.

it will probably take me a year to finish this show. i'll go hard for about a week and then slow way down.

I've watched a season and a half.

Never really wanted to pick it back up, tho.

I loved Boardwalk Empire.

This one, not as much, idk why.

Cillian Murphy as Tommy was great<3

i loved Boardwalk Empire and so far it is still better but this one is good too.... just not as good of a show. i like it because even though there are power plays and money, its not as extravagant as boardwalk empire... from where i'm at anyway. i have no idea where the story goes >.> its also has a much more depressing and grimy type feel to it, which i appreciate as well. 

cillian murphy gives me the heebjeebs but i still really like him.

I loooooooooooove this show....if you're getting started, I envy you....it's six episodes a season and they take forever to bring out a new season, it kills me...

Personally, I think it's better than Boardwalk empire, but that's mostly 'cause I was soured on it when they killed Jimmy...kept watching though 'cause I like shows without happy endings...ones that show the full spectrum...