UnevenEdge

I really hope Universal's Dark Universe doesn't get canned.

Zenigundam

Do you realize how much better Tom Cruise's Mummy is compared to the 30s one? No, we're not talking about that cliched Brendan Fraser nonsense. Yeah, so just imagine how much better Bride of Frankenstein will be compared to its 1930s counterpart too. Yeah I really like the idea of updating those old ass horror flicks because those old black and white "motion pictures" don't hold up. Remember when AMC used to run all that old crap during fearfest instead of badass horror movies like Friday the 13th and A Nightmare on Elm Street? Yeah yeah sucky sucky stop trying to be respectful of the past and just admit that movies before the 70s sucked donkey schlong. 🐎🐎🐎

Edited by Zenigundam

I'll assume this whole thread is a troll.  Because in no way should the Dark Universe survive after the diarrhea-fest it ended up being.  And you do realize that The Mummy was the second attempt at creating The Dark Universe?  The first was Dracula Untold, which bombed at the box office.  The Mummy did as well.  So it should all just die.

I much prefer the original black and white films.  They're classics

On 3/25/2018 at 2:20 PM, imchapp.in said:

They screwed up Dracula and Mummy, so they’re really just banking on the Godzilla/King Kong CU to not tank as hard. 

Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures have Godzilla and Kong. Universal has the Dark Universe, which I think is long dead at this point.

Edited by Gyaos

2 hours ago, Gyaos said:

Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures have Godzilla and Kong. Universal has the Dark Universe, which I think is long dead at this point.

Ah, that’s what it was. I assumed because of the King Kong rides in Universal that they had partial stake in the Kong CU, but not even that. Maaaaaan, too many people have forced, unearned cinematic universes established when Marvel had to take its time to get to where it’s at today. 

3 hours ago, imchapp.in said:

Ah, that’s what it was. I assumed because of the King Kong rides in Universal that they had partial stake in the Kong CU, but not even that. Maaaaaan, too many people have forced, unearned cinematic universes established when Marvel had to take its time to get to where it’s at today. 

The difference is that Warner Bros.'s MonsterVerse isn't being pushed too hard. They've only had two films in four years, which is the opposite of what so many other studios are attempting.

The DCU has so many fucking films announced (more than 10) when they have only what....three of these films out by this point? The MonsterVerse only has two more in the closet, and we don't know if it'll be continuing after Godzilla vs. Kong.

The problem with many of these "universe" ideas is that they are planned too far ahead. Then when one film flops, they decide it's not worth doing anymore.

Edited by Gyaos