UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 51 Discussion

Meilag32

6 hours ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Toriyama couldn't think of another romance partner out of thin air for trunks sdo he randomly pick mai

The logical thing to do would have been to make a new character, like with Videl.  It's not like with Chichi where there was already a kid character around and set up.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Gyaos said:

As much as I loved the Cell saga, that was a complete mindfuck as a kid. It still is when I try to wrap my brain around it.

It's all very convoluted. You have 3 separate timelines. The original timeline where Goku kills Frieza and King Cold, dies of the heart virus and the androids kill everyone and terrorize earth. Then you have Cell's timeline, where Trunks has somehow killed the androids,  but Cell kills Trunks and takes the time machine into the past to find the androids so he can be perfect.

Then you have the timeline Trunks alters by coming into the past, where he defeats Frieza and Cold, warns Goku of the heart virus, then leaves. For some reason this causes android 16 and 19 to exist, along with 17 and 18 becoming twice as powerful as they were in Trunks Future timeline. While they're twice as powerful they're not evil, as the androids from Trunks timeline wipe out most of humanity due to the sole fact that they despise humans.

You also have the fact that when Trunks travels back into the future, he finds out nothing has changed there. So changing the future by making changes in the past is impossible according to DBZ time travel rules.

So the really odd thing, is when Trunks travels into the past again like he does in Super.... why does he keep traveling to the past that he altered? Why doesn't he travel into the past of his timeline where Goku has died of the heart virus? Is it now impossible for him to travel to his own timelines past?

• Confused 1