UnevenEdge

Superhero Anime is All The Rage These Days

J.M. Matthews

The two most popular being One-Punch Man and My Hero Academia. 2 Very fun anime and manga series. They seem to have become 2 of the most popular and best with American audiences. I've seen all of OPM Season 1, I own Volumes 1-11 and have read 1-10 so far. And I've watched Hero Academia 1-15. I'll eventually buy some copies of the manga and check those out too. 

These 2 anime must be really appealing and fun because I've watched more consecutive episodes in a row of these show than any other recent anime. I approve.

It's definitely a trend. Superhero and indie comics seem bigger in Japan than previously, otherwise I can assure you these manga/anime wouldn't exist if they weren't. 

Thoughts on the trend? What's causing all this?

Is it the dynamism of Saitama and All Might? The Crazy Villains and Monsters? Ort he glorification of the hero concept? All possible explanations.

Other than Magus Bride, One-Punch Man and Academia are the only anime I've really gotten into. I like the American vibe they have, which is not to say I don't like Japan. I just like it when Japan pays homage to American personalities and culture.

Edited by J.M. Matthews

On 2/7/2018 at 12:04 PM, J.M. Matthews said:

The two most popular being One-Punch Man and My Hero Academia. 2 Very fun anime and manga series. They seem to have become 2 of the most popular and best with American audiences. I've seen all of OPM Season 1, I own Volumes 1-11 and have read 1-10 so far. And I've watched Hero Academia 1-15. I'll eventually buy some copies of the manga and check those out too. 

These 2 anime must be really appealing and fun because I've watched more consecutive episodes in a row of these show than any other recent anime. I approve.

It's definitely a trend. Superhero and indie comics seem bigger in Japan than previously, otherwise I can assure you these manga/anime wouldn't exist if they weren't. 

Thoughts on the trend? What's causing all this?

Is it the dynamism of Saitama and All Might? The Crazy Villains and Monsters? Ort he glorification of the hero concept? All possible explanations.

Other than Magus Bride, One-Punch Man and Academia are the only anime I've really gotten into. I like the American vibe they have, which is not to say I don't like Japan. I just like it when Japan pays homage to American personalities and culture.

TIGER & BUNNY > ALL

• Like 1