UnevenEdge

So I clicked on the JPG For A Sister's All You Need and watched the beginnig..of that..THING

J.M. Matthews

16 hours ago, EyeOfPain said:

Yeah, I wasn't able to get past that, even though it's apparently just a fantasy in the main character's head. 

It’s actually a novel idea that the main character, a light novel author, is trying to pitch to his editor. His editor is less than amused. 

Imouto Sae is actually an interesting show. There’s some shameless fan service, but it is a relatively serious anime about an inner circle of LN authors trying to make it big.

The MC is taken to task for his passion for little sister stories as his ideas for his mainline series (a battle academy story) and side projects (like the panty consuming brother story) are bogged down by his fetish and writers block. His friend has a successful novel series with an upcoming anime, but soon finds himself insecure about how people perceive his work as generic cookie cutter crap. One girl pining for the MC outwardly is a respectable writer who finally made something of herself after being tormented in high school. 

Its still goofy as hell and has a lot of “normie barrier” material like the MC’s incest story pitch to his editor, but it has some compelling drama to the characters struggles, and is one of the more underrated titles last season. 

Edited by imchapp.in

6 hours ago, imchapp.in said:

It’s actually a novel idea that the main character, a light novel author, is trying to pitch to his editor. His editor is less than amused. 

Imouto Sae is actually an interesting show. There’s some shameless fan service, but it is a relatively serious anime about an inner circle of LN authors trying to make it big.

The MC is taken to task for his passion for little sister stories as his ideas for his mainline series (a battle academy story) and side projects (like the panty consuming brother story) are bogged down by his fetish and writers block. His friend has a successful novel series with an upcoming anime, but soon finds himself insecure about how people perceive his work as generic cookie cutter crap. One girl pining for the MC outwardly is a respectable writer who finally made something of herself after being tormented in high school. 

Its still goofy as hell and has a lot of “normie barrier” material like the MC’s incest story pitch to his editor, but it has some compelling drama to the characters struggles, and is one of the more underrated titles last season. 

That's what it was, I just didn't go into full detail. 

I also heard it got better after that initial scene, and turned into a watchable show, but I was never compelled to go back to it. I've also heard it doesn't handle the main character's decision about the successful female writer, and their relationship, very well, but that's hearsay from Twitter, so I should take it with a grain of salt. 

13 minutes ago, EyeOfPain said:

That's what it was, I just didn't go into full detail. 

I also heard it got better after that initial scene, and turned into a watchable show, but I was never compelled to go back to it. I've also heard it doesn't handle the main character's decision about the successful female writer, and their relationship, very well, but that's hearsay from Twitter, so I should take it with a grain of salt. 

The MC was easily one of the worst parts of the show other than Setsuna, the blue haired guy.

His main reason for rejecting the successful girl was because he felt like he didn't want to be overshadowed by her success, and wanted to be "the protagonist" who wrote novels up to par with hers, if not better.

The show ends on an open end where their relationship doesn't develop any further than the girl finding out that he still does like her, but put his love life on-hold. 

It is still a watchable show and I'd recommend it to those who can get past the more eccentric aspects of it. It's just that the show's strength is that the other characters get equal screentime, making it so that we're not forced to follow the chuuni narcissism of the MC or his imouto fetish.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, imchapp.in said:

If you can get past the perversion and realistic incestual implications, it actually has some solid anime moments. Some good drama and comedy going on with the writer and his little loli harem.

• Like 1