UnevenEdge

2018 Weekly Streaming Archives

7 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I'm really not sure if it's working for anyone else, but it's not working for me, and hasn't since Friday afternoon.

It works well on my phone, which has pretty unremarkable specs.

Edited by Blatch

Update: I did the uninstall/reinstall, and now it works fine. If you're having trouble with the app starting (but I may have been the only one), I suggest you try that.

Just wish I had thought to do this before Saturday night! I STILL haven't seen a lot of the stuff that aired!

Edited by OwlChemist81

Meant to update y'all about this, but Friday was a hell of a day; we buried my grandmother. I GUESS I could have done the update Saturday, since not much happened Saturday, but I didn't, so oh well.

The stream advanced on Friday night to a point near the beginning of the current arc (Future Trunks/Goku Black). You've got about 11 hours left to catch this set of 6 episodes (yes, SIX!), so get to it!

Oh, and there's apparently a chat now on the Toonami stream on the website. Don't yet know about the app...

Edit: It's actually Dragon Ball Super episodes 52-57, which aired on Toonami during the time frame of March 10th through April 14th. It's about episodes 5-10 of the Goku Black/Future Trunks arc, which makes me think there was a mistake somewhere, since we got the prelude to this arc last week, or so it seems.

But none of this matters since we're probably moving on to another series tonight at 8 PM. But if you're free to do so today, you can check out the episodes, streaming now until then. And chat only on the website, NOT the app.

Edited by OwlChemist81

The new marathon show is Tokyo Ghoul: Root A.

Unknown which episodes...

Edit: looks like it's actually the end of the first season, and the beginning of Root A.

Anyone think this is a premonition of Re: coming to Toonami soon?

[didn't think so]

Edited by OwlChemist81

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Egypt Arc is now on the marathon stream!

This week it's episodes 26-30! Enjoy Part 2 of Iggy the Fool and Geb's N'doul, Oingo Boingo (or Zenyatta/Mondatta), Anubis, and Part 1 of Mariah's Bast!

If you need to see episode 25, the one that begins the Egypt Arc, that's streaming right now too on-demand!

Edited by OwlChemist81

Perhaps. It will be interesting to see what happens this week...

Edit: the stream did advance sometime between 8 PM and 3 AM last night, but I don't know exactly WHEN.

It's now JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episodes 31-35, which cover Part 2 of Bastet's Mariah, Set's Alessi (a.k.a. lil' Polnareff), and D'arby the Gambler of Osiris!

So now we can discern the Egyptian Tarot is:
1. Osiris
2. ???
3. Geb
4. Bastet
5. Set
6. Khnum
7. Thoth
8. Anubis
9. ???

I guess that means we have 2 Egyptian Tarot stands left to meet?

Edited by OwlChemist81

You've got another chance to catch this run of episodes all the way through; right now we're on #42, which my DVR missed! So if you haven't seen 'em yet, don't miss 'em!

tumblr_p4miseBpUD1rvb8cmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4zq4e6Nhf1rvb8cmo1_400.giftumblr_p4zq4e6Nhf1rvb8cmo2_400.gif

I've been thinking it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that we'll see #46-#50 streaming beginning tonight, but [as] and Toonami may throw us a curveball for now and stream Season 1 of FLCL instead, what with FLCL Progressive coming up Saturday at Midnight!

It would still be neat if the stream finished Gundam IBO exactly 2 years after it started it, though (in those days the Toonami block as aired on TV actually streamed the following Sunday morning)!

It's official: the Stream has advanced, and YOUR weekend marathon is none other than Gundam IBO episodes #46-#50!

For the first time in a while, an actual series finale is playing on the stream! In fact, that series finale is playing as I type this!

tumblr_p7vepasl8m1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

So, send off Tekkadan with a BANG! this weekend!

Well, this is quite strange. Late on Friday night, it LOOKED like the stream was trying to advance to #16-#20, but it kept glitching back to earlier episodes. I guess Saturday morning they fixed the glitch, but it ended up STAYING on #11-#15! And what's even more bizarre is that the OLD Pre-Flight episode, the one about nuclear apocalypse movies, is still streaming as well!!

Well, it turns out you actually COULD watch Samurai Champloo episodes # 16-#20 on the stream over the weekend, but you had to be using the browser--the app was screwed up and was still playing #11-#15, occasionally cutting away to #16-#20 briefly.

But now we've moved on to One-Punch Man, and it looks like Episodes 8-12 (as Episode 9 was playing at 8:30), indicating that they're probably losing the rights soon!

Sure hope you like these 5 episodes of Samurai Champloo, because it looks like that's all you're gonna get until Monday night, as it seems the short-lived Friday Night Advance is now a thing of the past! Well, it was good while it lasted, giving us 10-packs of JoJo Egypt Arc and the end of Gundam IBO. I know it might have something to do with Jason's leave of absence due to his mom's death, but hopefully someday this marathon stream will come up with some imagination, as watching the same 5 episodes over and over all week long begins to get BORING!

Well, at least there's a new Pre-Flight this week. That's something, right?

Edited by OwlChemist81

Was hoping for MHA, because All Might is perfect for the 4th of July, but nope. It's Attack on Titan, and it's Episodes #01-#05 AGAIN.

But this time you can see older posts on the stream's chat function! I have to believe the stream is going through some kind of metamorphosis right now...

Naruto: Shippuden is up next, and it's 3 episodes late in the Pain Invasion arc, followed by the "Big Adventure! Quest for the 4th Hokage" 2-parter.

Looks like episodes 167-171. Weird that it's not 166-170, but it's also good that they didn't split the 2-parter. Also weird that these are from last year, but whatever.

I guess we'll advance to FINALLY see the rest of the Pain arc on the Stream next week--is what I WOULD say if the whole block stream weren't a thing last year.

Looks like the stream is down...

Edit: the stream eventually returned but Naruto did not advance. We've still got the same 5 episodes we've had all week.

I really wish they would announce what they're doing with the Stream in advance. It's ALWAYS a surprise, and it doesn't HAVE to be.

Edited by OwlChemist81

Up now and for the next day and change is DBZ Kai, the next-to-last 5 episodes of the series.

Guess that means we finish it this weekend.

Edit: yep, it advanced. And then Monday we will most likely never hear from DBZ Kai again.

Edit: nope, Tuesday afternoon after 3 PM ET and it's still playing. So then the stream changes Tuesday night? It's been completely weird and random this year, while in 2017 you could pretty much always count on Monday to Friday being a marathon of 5 shows, while Friday to Monday was a replay of the block from 4 weeks ago. Now it's always a marathon of 5 shows that repeat (why?) and are interspersed with Pre-Flight, but the day the shows change is just completely random.

Edited by OwlChemist81

Looks like the stream is down tonight, which means Hunter × Hunter actually ended tonight.

I guess it makes sense that it WOULD be 86'ed on 8/6!

Oop, spoke too soon. It's back today. I don't know what the hell is going on with the stream these days, but I guess now we get the "new" show on Tuesday night.

Edited by OwlChemist81

Looks like that 6th episode you'll just have to stream for yourself, since the stream has moved on to Dragon Ball Super, and it's episodes during the Goku Black arc!

Edit: looks like Episodes 57-61 for the rest of this afternoon, and then probably moving to 62-66, which effectively conclude the arc, tonight until Monday or Tuesday night.

Edited by OwlChemist81

Wow, we're already on a new show. Dragon Ball Super only got 6 days on the stream this time, but cry not for it, because, unlike every other Toonami show, it has a weeknight TV run.

Now Toonami has brought back the Ghouls for back to school--well, to the stream, anyway. It's episodes 3-7 of Root A, which means they'll probably advance to 8-12 to finish the series on Friday night.

This also means Toonami and Adult Swim still have the rights to Tokyo Ghoul. Would be real interesting to see them try it in a weeknight run this October, but 8:30 might be pushing it since it's TV-MA.

Edited by OwlChemist81

Up next is Outlaw Star, and it's fairly clear that the stream intends to stream the last 10 episodes, starting today through Friday evening with 17-21, then picking up with 22-26 from Friday through Labor Day...

Which means, yes, the Marathon Stream will FINALLY stream the infamous HOT SPRINGS EPISODE!!!

Well, the Pop Team Epic stream didn't advance, but now we've got Attack on Titan Season 2!

Looks like it's #31-#35 for now, but it's unknown if it will get a Friday night advance or not. Also, HOW it will advance is a mystery, which could reveal some interesting facts about AOT's streaming arrangements for Season 3. More likely than not, IF it gets a Friday night advance, it's moving to #33-#37, but I suppose it COULD straddle the seasons and advance to #36-#40, which would be 2 episodes of Season 2, and 3 episodes of Season 3. The only thing I've ever seen doing anything similar is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and only between the last 4 episodes of Part 1 and the first of Part 2, but technically those are the same season.

Well, bye bye Titans! Now we've got Shippuden. Don't know what episodes yet though.

Hopefully they advance to the next 5 on Friday, but I'm not holding my breath...

Edit: looks like at least through tomorrow night's pre-flight update, it's episodes 11-15 of the 5 Kage Arc. Probably won't advance tomorrow though. I would probably be OK with that, because this battle is fire!

Another edit: well, this is bizarre--apparently, the stream plays episode 10, skips episode 11, and then plays episodes 12-15 (of the 5 Kage Arc). So, that means you end up getting the set-up for Killer Bee vs. Kisame, but NOT the meat of the fight! However, you DO get all of the showdown between Sasuke and Danzo!

Edited by OwlChemist81

UPDATE: As of Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning, the new show is Gundam Unicorn Re:0096. And looks like it's episodes 1-5.

Unknown yet if Episode 1 plays with its full OP, but if it's anything like the last time they gave Gundam Unicorn a stream (ironically exactly a year ago), I'd say it probably does.

What if they never bother to remove it? I'd laugh at the prospect of them steaming nothing but Gundam Unicorn for at least the rest of 2018, if not forever.

I mean, it's what you actually want... more Gundam on Toonami, or a place adjacent to it. And the marathon stream is a lost cause anyway. :RoboLaugh:

• Haha 1

Maybe this is a back-handed attempt to kill it by playing their weakest card and just letting it die a slow death? According to the viewer tracker it's down to 86 viewers.

Nah, I'm not that pessimistic. They must like Gundam enough to throw it on for multiple weeks when they're too busy with other stuff, such as the Adult Swim Festival.

I feel that the day that makes the most sense for them to change the whole thing, if there's gonna be only one day a week, is Friday, when they upload the new Pre-Flight, anyway. Also, this show DOES have something thematic in common with this week's Pre-Flight, I guess. It's all about airplane movies.

Edited by OwlChemist81