UnevenEdge

a weird thing I've seen in two harem animes how

mochi

there are two Harem anime, Sekirei, and UQ Holder

both of which have a "Gay option" in the Harem in that both harems include one guy

but both series also for some reason, make it so that the one guy in the Harem is forced to transform into a woman against their will

and in Sekirei it's later confirmed that the gender swapping was completely unnecessary because the guy who owns the Harem says he does and always did view Homura (the character in question) as a man, and still loves him, meaning he is Bi and there was no reason for Homura to become a woman

someone did tell me Homura turns back into a man later but every other source says he keeps the boobs and all that really happens is that it's implied his dick grows back, meaning he's a futa, or a dude with gynecomastia, either way from the confirmation that the hero likes guys too Homura is reffered to as as a man and his romance with the protag is treated as being between two men...even though Homura is drawn as if he's a woman

with UQ holder it's in a more Gray area since the one guy is revealed to be from a species that technically has no physical gender and their gender is purely up to their personal opinions, but he decides that the only way he can be in a relationship with a guy is to be female

Edited by mochi

8 minutes ago, SlappyKincaid said:

They still make those and people watch them still?  Hasn't that been done to death by now?

And that is weird.

yeah but "reverse" harems are a bigger fad now

I.e. a bunch of super gay seeming Bishonen (some of whom are implied to ACTUALLY be gay) all trying to get into a girl's pants like Ouran Host club

most regular hetero harem series have deteriorated into incest moeshit with tons of Lolis

Edited by mochi

9 hours ago, mochi said:

yeah but "reverse" harems are a bigger fad now

I.e. a bunch of super gay seeming Bishonen (some of whom are implied to ACTUALLY be gay) all trying to get into a girl's pants like Ouran Host club

most regular hetero harem series have deteriorated into incest moeshit with tons of Lolis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU6Cp2cB-30

8 hours ago, SlappyKincaid said:

well Harem anime was

adding to the incest the Twins from Ouran

Hitachiin.Twins.full.464593.jpg

constantly imply they're fucking eachother then play it off as a joke but one scene seemed to imply the actually are in a Gay incestuous relationship and they aren't joking

namely in one episode they get a phone call and when they answer the phone they're both in bed Naked

twins.jpg

Edited by mochi

Literally none of this sounds remotely appealing to watch.

I recall an ex watching ouran host clab and then abandoning it because it was trash.

what even would make someone want to watch things like this?  i watched and enjoyed tenchi muyo because i was 12 or 13 and it had ladies with boobies bending over and being all like "ohh tenchi, i have boobies and i want you to touch them but im not gonna let you because you're a silly goose"

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but i feel like im sounding like one, but why would anyone want to watch something like this?

17 minutes ago, SlappyKincaid said:

I recall an ex watching ouran host clab and then abandoning it because it was trash.

what even would make someone want to watch things like this?  i watched and enjoyed tenchi muyo because i was 12 or 13 and it had ladies with boobies bending over and being all like "ohh tenchi, i have boobies and i want you to touch them but im not gonna let you because you're a silly goose"

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but i feel like im sounding like one, but why would anyone want to watch something like this?

funny factoid all the girls in Tenchi's Harem were his Aunts

so incest

5 hours ago, SlappyKincaid said:

Because it's so funny the reverse harem bullshit hardly matters?

On 11/30/2017 at 6:21 PM, mochi said:

well Harem anime was

adding to the incest the Twins from Ouran

Hitachiin.Twins.full.464593.jpg

constantly imply they're fucking eachother then play it off as a joke but one scene seemed to imply the actually are in a Gay incestuous relationship and they aren't joking

namely in one episode they get a phone call and when they answer the phone they're both in bed Naked

twins.jpg

It's clear that they're only playing it up as an act as part of their host club services to the customers.  They're so attached to each other when they're not acting because they're twins who grew up with each other for so long and no one else understands them better than them.

7 hours ago, SlappyKincaid said:

Um. Ouran was one of my favorite animes in 2009 (when I watched it).  I normally hate shoujo but Ouran managed to become my favorite because it really ISN'T shoujo. It deconstructs the elements found in it, and has a ton of really appealing characters.

4 hours ago, elfie said:

It's clear that they're only playing it up as an act as part of their host club services to the customers.  They're so attached to each other when they're not acting because they're twins who grew up with each other for so long and no one else understands them better than them.

and that attatchment includes them being in mid coitus when answering the phone apperently

On 11/30/2017 at 12:58 AM, SlappyKincaid said:

They still make those and people watch them still?  Hasn't that been done to death by now?

And that is weird.

sekirei is old. mid-2000s old but still old.

5 hours ago, mochi said:

you don't think it's slightly odd that they were both naked when they answered the phone?

come on now.

you have to know japan by now.

On 11/29/2017 at 10:06 PM, mochi said:

e. a bunch of super gay seeming Bishonen (some of whom are implied to ACTUALLY be gay) all trying to get into a girl's pants like Ouran Host club

Only two of the guys were really trying to get with Haruhi, Tamaki and later Hikaru Hitachiin.  Plus one guy, Ritsu, who wasn't part of the Host Club.  Only Tamaki ever had a chance.  Both Hikaru and Ritsu fell for her because she was the first person to treat them as individuals (well, Tamaki was technically the first for the twins, but even he couldn't tell them apart, unlike Haruhi), not because they just took a look and got all doki-doki.  She was more of a learning experience for the three who were interested (Tamaki couldn't even grasp that he was in love with her - instead casting himself as her surrogate father), than she was a genuine love interest.  For everyone else, she was just their friend and cherished colleague.

Ouran is a great show, and it still holds up.  It's far from a typical reverse harem series, and actually parodies many of the genre's tropes.  I recommend anyone but Mochi giving it another shot, because it's still somewhat a product of its time, and I'm sure he'll hate on Haruhi's actual father, who is great, but not gay.

(why is the quote feature rendered nearly invisible?  It's really hard to edit it down to the relevant part when you can barely make out the text)

• Like 1