• Replies 38.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blueraven1999

• Seight

• blueraven1979

• Kudasai

Lacks_Sympathy - Good song.  I like watching Youtube playthroughs of that game.

I'd play it myself I had that system.  I only play handhelds though.  I don't know to set up a Nintendo system plus I'm only good with controls like the ones for Super Nintendo and Nintendo otherwise I'd probably have it.

Also I'm cheap.  I do have SM 3D Land for the 3DS though. 

Watched PBGGameplay - NOTHING SUSPICIOUS HERE! - Hello Neighbor/Steam (Part 1)

Weird game.

Lacks_Sympathy - Good song.  I like watching Youtube playthroughs of that game.

I'd play it myself I had that system.  I only play handhelds though.  I don't know to set up a Nintendo system plus I'm only good with controls like the ones for Super Nintendo and Nintendo otherwise I'd probably have it.

Also I'm cheap.  I do have SM 3D Land for the 3DS though. 

Watched PBGGameplay - NOTHING SUSPICIOUS HERE! - Hello Neighbor/Steam (Part 1)

Weird game.

blueraven1999[/member]

Super Mario 3D world was sooooooo much fun. No Yoshi so it definitely gets nogged down a peg for that and really you have to play with at least one or two other people....otherwise it's super long to complete it 100%. But in terms of platforming and just pure fun....it's up there. I'm pretty sure you can get the Wii U for cheap now  :D

You should splurge once in a while! Get the Switch sometime this year  :P. I was talking to a few users yesterday and we might possibly start a Nintendo specific club or something....it'll be fun and it'd definitely be nice to have ya join us.

I have 3D Land too....not sure if I prefer it over 3D World but I sure as heck played it a lot more  :D

This is probably my favorite theme from the game.

Lacks_Sympathy:  Like I said, I don't know how to set up a Nintendo system and it would be very difficult (pretty much impossible) for me.

Plus if the Wii U's controls are like the Wii, it would be too hard for me.  The kid I babysit has a Wii and I had a hard time with the controls for Wii Sports.

It's just not my thing. 

I haven't played a new console since Nintendo 64 came out.  Tried playing Super Mario 64 in Target and couldn't get it to work.  Kept running into the wall so I quit gaming.

Super Nintendo is the last Nintendo console I played and my dad set it up for me when I was 13.  The Switch costs too much plus it would be too hard to set up.

I'm purely a handheld gamer.  I love my two 3DS's though and I still have my old DS from 2010.

I have the new 3DS and the original 3DS.  Super Mario 3D World definitely looks like fun though.  If the Wii U had easier controls and I could set it up easily, I'd buy it though.

Lacks_Sympathy:  Like I said, I don't know how to set up a Nintendo system and it would be very difficult (pretty much impossible) for me.

Plus if the Wii U's controls are like the Wii, it would be too hard for me.  The kid I babysit has a Wii and I had a hard time with the controls for Wii Sports.

It's just not my thing. 

I haven't played a new console since Nintendo 64 came out.  Tried playing Super Mario 64 in Target and couldn't get it to work.  Kept running into the wall so I quit gaming.

Super Nintendo is the last Nintendo console I played and my dad set it up for me when I was 13.  The Switch costs too much plus it would be too hard to set up.

I'm purely a handheld gamer.  I love my two 3DS's though and I still have my old DS from 2010.

I have the new 3DS and the original 3DS.  Super Mario 3D World definitely looks like fun though.  If the Wii U had easier controls and I could set it up easily, I'd buy it though.

It's all good  :D Do you and what makes ya happy  :)

Maybe you should get the NES Classic...that's pretty simple and straightforward (and cheap)  :D I heard they are finally back in stock on Amazon today.

Lacks_Sympathy:  I thought about buying the NES Classic, but I heard besides buying it I'd have to pay for the controllers separate

and it's cheaper just to buy old Nintendo and Super Nintendo games in the 3DS e-shop.  Plus I wouldn't know how to set it up either.

I've been buying old games in the e-shop lately and have been enjoying the games a lot.  Wish the old games had save files though.

Bought Super Mario 3 a couple days ago and forgot that game couldn't save.  It's still fun to play though.  Loved that game when I was a kid.

Watched Smooth McGroove - Final Fantasy VII - Costa del Sol Acapella.

Lacks_Sympathy:  I thought about buying the NES Classic, but I heard besides buying it I'd have to pay for the controllers separate

and it's cheaper just to buy old Nintendo and Super Nintendo games in the 3DS e-shop.  Plus I wouldn't know how to set it up either.

I've been buying old games in the e-shop lately and have been enjoying the games a lot.  Wish the old games had save files though.

Bought Super Mario 3 a couple days ago and forgot that game couldn't save.  It's still fun to play though.  Loved that game when I was a kid.

Watched Smooth McGroove - Final Fantasy VII - Costa del Sol Acapella.

Yeah the e-shop is pretty great. Though, like most people, I've always had a gripe with Nintendo for tying their online purchases to hardware rather than a singular account. It's like if you've bought something from the e-shop once, you should just be able play it on any Nintendo platform you own. Though I read somewhere the other day that they are planning to change that and just link everything to one Nintendo account (which makes sense to begin with). It's just crazy to think about how even N64 games are on the e-shop now. I still have my N64 lying around somewhere but just thinking about the notion of being able to play the original Smash Bros. or Goldeneye on the go or on the big screen with little to no hassle (via the Switch) just gets me super pumped :D

Anyways, it looks like the Switch is going to be both the handheld and home console for Nintendo moving forward. Are you just going to continue to use your 3DS until another handheld comes along (even if's Non-Nintendo)?

Lacks_Sympathy:  I didn't realize the Switch was going to be the replacement for 3DS.

The new 3DS just came out fairly recently too.  I think that's a mistake on Nintendo's part.

They'll lose the people like me who don't play consoles because of difficult controls and that have no technical skill to plug them in.

Yeah if a good game comes out on a different handheld, I might buy it.  I've been loyal to Nintendo since 1990 but if they're not going to make new handhelds anymore, they'll lose me.

I'll just continue with the 3DS for now.  I'm happy with it.  I bought a couple used Super Nintendo games between 1996 and 2001 or 3 and was replaying my old Super Nintendo games back then.

So I'll be happy with my 3DS for a long time even without new games.  In the meantime, I'll keep buying old games from the e-shop.  Plus there's a fairly new Kirby game I plan on buying soon.

I've been playing the demo on my 3DS so I like it.

Watched Smooth McGroove - Mega Man 2 - Dr. Wily Stage Acapella.

Lacks_Sympathy:  I didn't realize the Switch was going to be the replacement for 3DS.

The new 3DS just came out fairly recently too.  I think that's a mistake on Nintendo's part.

They'll lose the people like me who don't play consoles because of difficult controls and that have no technical skill to plug them in.

Yeah if a good game comes out on a different handheld, I might buy it.  I've been loyal to Nintendo since 1990 but if they're not going to make new handhelds anymore, they'll lose me.

I'll just continue with the 3DS for now.  I'm happy with it.  I bought a couple used Super Nintendo games between 1996 and 2001 or 3 and was replaying my old Super Nintendo games back then.

So I'll be happy with my 3DS for a long time even without new games.  In the meantime, I'll keep buying old games from the e-shop.  Plus there's a fairly new Kirby game I plan on buying soon.

I've been playing the demo on my 3DS so I like it.

Watched Smooth McGroove - Mega Man 2 - Dr. Wily Stage Acapella.

I'm not sure it will be (or at least they are saying) that it won't be a replacement but I don't know....something about that logic just seems a bit counter-intuitive to me. From what I know the battery life on the Switch tablet is pretty short though....like 2 - 3 hours. So in that sense I'm not sure it's going to have all the same features of a traditional handheld. Hopefully, at the end of the day Nintendo doesn't alienate long time fans like you or even me for that matter. I mean I love Nintendo and I always end up buying their consoles but it's hard sometimes to not be able to play some of the third party console games out there. The Gamecube was really the last Nintendo console that pretty much kept up in terms of at least trying to offer the same third party games as the other two consoles. So despite my fandom....Nintendo definitely has some flaws to correct. Hopefully they learned a lot of valuable lessons from the Wii U's failed tenure (which it hurts me to say because I don't think it is a bad system at all).

Lacks_Sympathy - Hopefully they'll come out with a new handheld in five years or possibly sooner.

Otherwise Nintendo will lose me and I'll probably stop gaming by 2022 if there aren't going to be any more new 3DS games.

After five years I'd probably get tired of playing the same games all the time and take a long break from gaming like I did in 2001 or 2003.  Unless I'm still addicted to Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Watched The Know - The REAL COST of Nintendo Switch? - The Know Game News