UnevenEdge

Vegeta and Bulma

mochi

Also, he's stated that his philosophy revolves around just making a good scene that he likes personally, thinks is cute, or is fun for the audience and doesn't have any reservations about retconning shit as long as it doesn't really impact the overall narrative that he's trying to develop. And if you look at this case with the Pilaf Gang, it seems he is a fan of doing this if it also suits his purposes to further his own vision lol. He's specifically mentioned instances about Bulma and Trunks' hair color discrepancy, Videl's character design, the fact that Bulma has a sister that no one ever heard of before, ect... Since he pretty much designs all the major characters and plot elements before the animation and editorial team do anything it's kind of difficult to find away to excuse this as not being by his design lmao.

Some retcons are easier to swallow than others.  Goku being an alien.  Gero working for the Red Ribbon Army... behind the scenes apparently, since he never actually appeared in the Red Ribbon Army Saga.  It's fine.  Probably helps the things that resulted from these retcons were good. 

But Tights existing?  Come the fuck on.  Not only is it unbelievable, given she hasn't appeared or been referenced at all until now, but she's totally pointless, and to top it off, has a crappy, boring character design.

In the movie battle of the gods they bring up that they wished for shenron to make them younger, so he turned them into babies because they weren't specific. The anime I don't think bothered with an explanation.

As for Tights she has been a character in Jaco space patrolman. I think he does it to try and get people interested in his other works. Like "oh now I need to read this to see if there is more dragonball back story". He also did it back in dragonball when he did a crossover with Dr.Slump, they do another slump crossover later in super as well.

In the movie battle of the gods they bring up that they wished for shenron to make them younger, so he turned them into babies because they weren't specific. The anime I don't think bothered with an explanation.

As for Tights she has been a character in Jaco space patrolman. I think he does it to try and get people interested in his other works. Like "oh now I need to read this to see if there is more dragonball back story". He also did it back in dragonball when he did a crossover with Dr.Slump, they do another slump crossover later in super as well.

Super actually did mention why they were kids, they just didn't go into great detail

Pilaf briefly mentions that it was a wish that went wrong but that's basically all he says

mind you if Super does on any level consider GT Canon then presumably Trunks and Mai will not end up together

because at the start of GT Pilaf's gang are suddenly ANCIENT (I.e. the opposite of their predicament in super), it'd be amusing if they tried to wish themselves old again.....and Shenlong made them REALLY REALLY old

I must have totally missed that in the movie and in the show.

I understand that, but he's including Tights as the sister to one of the characters that's been around since the very beginning and we've never heard hair nor hide of her before now.  The Dr. Slump crossover Goku basically went into another dimension, so it didn't affect anything, and it was fun.  Tights is pointless and conflicts with the established story.

By the way, this reminds me of something.  There was an old story going around, guess it would be an urban myth, going by what we know now, that Toriyama wanted to finish Dr. Slump first, then he was going to go back and make more Dragon Ball.  I assume there was never anything to this?

Is anyone annoyed that one trunks hair color is purple and the other?  :'(

*googles*  Oh what the fuck!  Well, I didn't look into it closely.  Maybe that Trunks is from a different timeline/dimension and that explains the hair color difference?

If it's the same Future Trunks that appeared in DBZ then that's a bunch of bullshit.  Gotta say I was shocked when I first heard about that, though, because I didn't think Future Trunks would ever return.

Speaking of that, something that really bothered me about GT, is they not only couldn't get Trunks' hair color right either, but his personality was completely different, and not for the better.  I always used to joke that he was an android doppelganger. :D

I've also had someone try to tell me that Trunks hair isn't really purple/lavender, but was intended to be white/silver, and it just looked that way due to the color chosen, like how some characters with black hair looks "bluish."

mind you if Super does on any level consider GT Canon then presumably Trunks and Mai will not end up together

because at the start of GT Pilaf's gang are suddenly ANCIENT (I.e. the opposite of their predicament in super), it'd be amusing if they tried to wish themselves old again.....and Shenlong made them REALLY REALLY old

I don't think it considers GT canon on any level, but it might take inspiration from it.  There were some genuinely creative and neat ideas in GT.

Like using the Tuffels to make a new villain.  Having the final enemy be the Dragon Balls themselves.  There's plenty of stuff there that could be mined.

I always figured they were that old because, well, it had been a long time since we saw them last and GT was many years since then.  Yeah that would be funny, though, heh.