UnevenEdge

Had some flash fiction published today.

Bouvre

That was a very interesting read, although I was a bit lost as I have never gotten a tattoo and don't know about the said aftercare or whether or not what the character did was good or bad (though judging based on the reaction of the other characters I'm going to assume it wasn't that great). Also, what is this website?

Very well written short story over-all.

That was very interesting read, although I was a bit lost as I have never gotten a tattoo and don't know about the said aftercare or whether or not what the character did was good or bad (though judging based on the reaction of the other characters I'm going to assume it wasn't that great). Also, what is this website?

Very well written short story over-all.

Thank you! I'm sorry it wasn't more accessible. I tried to generalize some of the specifics (aquaphor/moisturizer) but the form doesn't lend itself to explicit explanation of things like jargon, but I'm still working on how to approach writing in this very, very short form. (Flash fiction is typically a story that's no longer than 1000 words)

The website, Five on The Fifth, is a literary webzine that publishes only five short stories on the fifth of each month. Hundreds of people submit, and the editors have to narrow it down from there.

Thank you! I'm sorry it wasn't more accessible. I tried to generalize some of the specifics (aquaphor/moisturizer) but the form doesn't lend itself to explicit explanation of things like jargon, but I'm still working on how to approach writing in this very, very short form. (Flash fiction is typically a story that's no longer than 1000 words)

The website, Five on The Fifth, is a literary webzine that publishes only five short stories on the fifth of each month. Hundreds of people submit, and the editors have to narrow it down from there.

Mmmm interesting. I'd love to read more if you come out with other interesting things. My favorite part was the way in which the story's main plot point was worked in gradually while referencing everything else so as to state it without stating it. It was a good practice in reading comprehension.

I have a bunch of short stories around here on one of my external hard drives, maybe I should post them sometime. I get embarrassed about such things though, mostly cause I'm a perfectionist and is also why I struggle to finish anything that I work on, unfortunately. OCD is a killer sometimes. Not to mention most of them are horror stories that are either very dark and graphic or very strange in general.

Mmmm interesting. I'd love to read more if you come out with other interesting things. My favorite part was the way in which the story's main plot point was worked in gradually while referencing everything else so as to state it without stating it. It was a good practice in reading comprehension.

I have a bunch of short stories around here on one of my external hard drives, maybe I should post them sometime. I get embarrassed about such things though, mostly cause I'm a perfectionist and is also why I struggle to finish anything that I work on, unfortunately. OCD is a killer sometimes. Not to mention most of them are horror stories that are either very dark and graphic or very strange in general.

Luckily there are webzines/literary mags that specifically publish horror! Let me know if you're ever interested in trying to publish work, or want me to provide any comments on a piece or two.

I do have more work published elsewhere. One of my favorites is "The Incubus," which is a fairly short second-person story about a sex demon who inhabits the body of a gay man who received a stick-and-poke tattoo of a demonic sigil from his crush:  http://reservoirlit.com/leonard1

Additional comment -- Only now did I realize I've returned to the theme of tattoos and love with "Aftercare". Different voices and vastly different styles, but as any other writer will tell you: most writers only write about a handful of things over and over.