UnevenEdge

FunimationNow? More like FunimationLater!

ben0119

This app... service... whatever, has gone to complete shit.  I've been spending the better part of the day just trying to get through three One Piece episodes.  Watched a couple things off my DVR, Nova's episode on the Terracotta Army and Unearthed's Taj Mahal episode, respectively, thought for a bit and figured now was as good a time as any to watch the episodes where Toonami left off, and decided to dive in to that particular backlog.

If only if it were that simple.  I'm paying for what is ostensibly an HD service, yet my quality drops down considerably below that, seemingly at random, even when I set the video options to high.  Regardless of that option, the thing buffers a lot or rarely, depending on what mood it's in apparently, and then it will freeze, forcing me to back out.  Then when I try to watch the episode again it goes back to the beginning and doesn't allow any input.  I have to completely restart the app.  I've just done this three times in a row!

Not only that, but the menu lags horribly, and there's this annoying box that pops up towards the end of the episode for the next one, which you apparently can't remove.  Looks like you have to turn off captions every time too.  This is horrid.

I even did their little suggestion of a speed test on the PS3, with their advice that it could be much different than other devices.  Sure enough, it's much below the range on my PC, which is like 200mb.  Came up as 52.8Mbps... of which they say you only need 3Mbps to use the app!  THIS IS BULLSHIT!  When I used it a long time ago I was able to watch 70 episodes of Fairy Tail unabated!

https://www.funimationnow.uk/forum/topic/13250/problems-with-funimation-now-app-for-ps3-and-web/2?page=1

https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/10123/playstation-funimationnow-app-feedback/92

Well, isn't that interesting.  And these complaints are months old, and the service is still complete shit.  WHY THE HELL DID THEY CHANGE IT WHEN IT WAS WORKING PERFECTLY BEFORE?!  GOD DAMN IT!

Is this why they had to be bought by Sony?  They so completely fucked up their streaming service that they lost a fuckton of subscribers?  Wouldn't surprise me.  God damn this is fucking infuriating.

I got through almost the entire post thinking "Well, at least Ben isn't bitching about Sony buying Funimation."

Then I got to the end.

It was at this point I pulled out the vodka and decided to get drunk.

Well, why fix what isn't broken?  This service is probably the backbone of their business, if they've so severely fucked it up, well...

Anyway, I've submitted my customer service thingy, worded more diplomatically than the OP, of course, and they sent me back a generic reply saying they couldn't reproduce it with the info I gave them, so I gave them yet even more specific information, and I'm awaiting reply.  They better fix this shit.

For a moment I thought this was about the My Hero Academia dub changing from a simuldub (same week) to just a broadcast dub (2 week delay).

It also isn't good news when CaptainStarwind's post is the only one that isn't hidden, on my end!  >:(

For the record, I have the app on my phone but.... it's a tiny fuckin phone, and I'd like to save the battery juice for some that isn't on a teeny tiny screen. I use Funimation's player directly from their website on my laptop, which works very well.  It never buffers, the playback is clear, the audio is clear, and it always navigates back to the point in the video I left off if I ever close the window and reopen it.  The compression settings appear to be totally useless, as I click a new setting yet it just appears to switch between them on its own willy nilly.

Well, why fix what isn't broken?  This service is probably the backbone of their business, if they've so severely fucked it up, well...

Anyway, I've submitted my customer service thingy, worded more diplomatically than the OP, of course, and they sent me back a generic reply saying they couldn't reproduce it with the info I gave them, so I gave them yet even more specific information, and I'm awaiting reply.  They better fix this shit.

So how the hell do you know this poor performance on the PS3 is directly because of SONY buying them?  It could've happened before than.