UnevenEdge

for like 3 years now I've had a line from a cartoon stuck in my head

mochi

"well it has milk in it.....and we shook it"

I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was from or what the context was

but then I just remembered it was from Johnny Test.....and had a war flashback

vOa1dY.gif

the last three years of my life have been a lie

Well, I also wasn't very fond of CatDog, but that had more to do with it's incredibly cruel, mean spirited humor and increasingly unlikable characters.

Catdog is............polarizing

I can't bring myself to say it was bad

but it was, in tone and writing style...a rather blatant copycat of Cow and Chicken

and as you said, very mean spirited

I actually liked that one :|

although It was admittedly.....the most boring and generic thing CN ever aired

tied with Robot Jones

HERESY. the first season of Robot Jones with the computer voice was fucking awesome. i'd love to see them again, IF THEY COULD EVER FIND THEM

how can you hate a show where the intro is a reference to You Can't Do That on Television

I actually liked that one :|

although It was admittedly.....the most boring and generic thing CN ever aired

tied with Robot Jones

Actually, dude, Robot Jones and The Brothers Flub are kind of guilty pleasures for me. Sure they weren't great and could have been better (The former was way better with the Mac Voice for the lead character and the latter could have done without that shitty "LALALALALALALALA!!!!" theme song), but they were at least something I could sit down, watch and enjoy, unlike something like, say Angela Anaconda which was personally something I thought was shitty as a child.

Actually, dude, Robot Jones and The Brothers Flub are kind of guilty pleasures for me. Sure they weren't great and could have been better (The former was way better with the Mac Voice for the lead character and the latter could have done without that shitty "LALALALALALALALA!!!!" theme song), but they were at least something I could sit down, watch and enjoy, unlike something like, say Angela Anaconda which was personally something I thought was shitty as a child.

pop quiz hotshot, what show did 99% of us (including me) completely forget about until i went finding old shitty shows

pop quiz hotshot, what show did 99% of us (including me) completely forget about until i went finding old shitty shows

Oh god I remember that show

Nickelodeon was really proud of it at the time

they seemed absolutely 100% sure kids would love it and it would be a smash hit

Nooooope

Oh god I remember that show

Nickelodeon was really proud of it at the time

they seemed absolutely 100% sure kids would love it and it would be a smash hit

Nooooope

And see, that is exactly why Nickelodeon became the shit sandwich it is now. Instead of making cartoons for the sake of the art form, they just assumed what we like (And in the end, all that does is make an ass out of U and me). And as a result, it just became an increasingly shitty network for cartoons.

The only show on Nick that I would even consider watching these days is The Loud House.

And see, that is exactly why Nickelodeon became the shit sandwich it is now. Instead of making cartoons for the sake of the art form, they just assumed what we like (And in the end, all that does is make an ass out of U and me). And as a result, it just became an increasingly shitty network for cartoons.

The only show on Nick that I would even consider watching these days is The Loud House.

CN has the same problem

when Cartoon network started out it was basically out of necessity and was an experimental channel

Time Warner, at the time had aquired a HUGE back log of Cartoons from MGM Hannah Barbera in addition to their own cartoons, and they didn't know what to do with them all

so their idea was to start a seperate channel and just throw all those old cartoons there, and it worked

then they decided to see what else they could do so they started producing new cartoons in the same style (such as Dexter's lab and the powerpuff girls)

everything that CN did leading up to what they are now was an experiment......but then they decided the experimental phase was over and created CN real in an attempt to one-up Nickelodeon and the Disney channel

and it's been all downhill since then

i've seen worse

that cartoon was lost until recently

why someone would want to find it remains a mystery to me but hunting for lost media isn't really about whether the media was good

it's like a scavenger hunt, you're just hunting for the fun of hunting