UnevenEdge

What we still don't know about Toonami in 2017...

...there really isn't much left, now that Stardust Crusaders and Gundam IBO Season 2 have been announced.

We also know FLCL S2 won't be part of 2017, as it's not coming until 2018. I guess the biggest mystery left is what Dragon Ball Super will do after the Frieza Resurrection saga.

from the anime expo dragon ball super panel description: This year, the epic franchise continues with even more power, new characters, continuing broadcast on Adult Swim and an all new part one home video release on July 25th!

We don't know if GiTS reruns will continue with Season 2 right away. Maybe they'll rerun something different first. And, for that matter, what happens when Samurai Jack S5's rerun is done?

That's basically it outside of arbitrary marathon announcements.

We don't know if GiTS reruns will continue with Season 2 right away. Maybe they'll rerun something different first. And, for that matter, what happens when Samurai Jack S5's rerun is done?

That's basically it outside of arbitrary marathon announcements.

Good point. And just for the record, here's what I'm guessing those will be for the rest of the year:

Saturday of Labor Day Weekend (9/2): Lupin the 3rd episodes 3-10

Saturday before Halloween (10/28): JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders episodes 5-12

Saturday after Thanksgiving (11/26): Probably regular lineup (like last year). Gundam IBO S2 wouldn't have enough episodes out yet.

Saturday before Christmas (12/23): Gundam IBO Episodes #28-#35

Saturday before New Year's (12/30): Dragon Ball Super Episodes 38-45

Also, I think they'll pull out another movie on November 4th (end of daylight savings time), although this one might just air at 2 AM instead, effectively pre-empting the Lupin/Shippuden hour for 2 weeks in a row.

Another strange X-Factor is that rather than airing a marathon of Dragon Ball Super, they might opt to show the movies instead. That would be Saturday of Labor Day Weekend instead of Lupin.

It seems like the schedule is set for the rest of the year, but there's STILL plenty of potential for surprises!

We also know FLCL S2 won't be part of 2018. I guess the biggest mystery left is what Dragon Ball Super will do after the Frieza Resurrection saga.

You mean WILL be part of 2018.

One of those two sequel seasons will undoubtably replace Lupin III Part 4's spot, as well as Emo: The Anime.  I expect Super to stay around if the ratings keep being good, because the anime is on-going in Japan and I assume they have a lot more episodes dubbed.

You mean WILL be part of 2018.

One of those two sequel seasons will undoubtably replace Lupin III Part 4's spot, as well as Emo: The Anime.  I expect Super to stay around if the ratings keep being good, because the anime is on-going in Japan and I assume they have a lot more episodes dubbed.

Right. I guess my typing hand got ahead of my brain. Of COURSE I meant "won't be part of 2017 since they're coming in 2018."

One of FLCL's sequel seasons? Or do you mean JoJo and Gundam? Because JoJo is replacing AOT, while Gundam IBO looks to be replacing Tokyo Ghoul!

11 PM WILL return next year for FLCL2 and FLCL3. I would count on that. It will be interesting to see if Super just continues going through football season. Most big games are over by about 11:30 PM, so I'd say yes.

At least we can be sure Academia won't show.

Phew.

Assuming you mean My Hero Academia, that IS true. At least not in 2017. Shame, too, because if you ask me it would have been perfect for 11 PM.

But Little Witch Academia has even LESS of a chance on Toonami than that. Practically dead zero since it's a Netflix original!