UnevenEdge

If Toonami ever gets to air Evangelion 3.33...

OwlChemist81

I don't know how I would feel if Toonami ever aired Eva 3.33.  On the one hand, they've already aired 1.11 and 2.22, so it only seems right to air 3.33.  On the other hand, 3.33 is terrible; I hate it even as an EVA fan.

I like that they made KawoShin more blatant but yeah....I don't like 3.33 otherwise

I think 3.33 would be an interesting thing to try at a completely unusual time, maybe like 1 AM on a special FRIDAY edition of Toonami on 3/17/17, led-into by the first 2 episodes of Samurai Jack Season 5? Then again, if Toonami is going to get a special 20th Anniversary block, I doubt it would have new Eva--or should I? After all, the original Eva is about as old as Toonami!

I think if Toonami is ever going to break out of Saturday nights on TV, one of the best opportunities for that is coming up for Toonami's 20th--but they'll probably just commemorate it on March 18th, I guess! And of course Pre-Flight will get into it the night before!

The 20th anniversary Toonami block will have the premiere of Sand Whale & Me and probably nothing else. Also, why bother with the Friday Toonami block when you can air the same old lineup plus two live action shows and get better ratings for less effort? :-*

That's cool, but that would be pretty lame for a 20th Anniversary alone. Samurai Jack Season 5 could also premiere then.

A clue to this mystery may lie in what Toonami actually did for their 10th anniversary back on 3/17/07, but then again I believe that actually WAS a Saturday night!

I like that they made KawoShin more blatant but yeah....I don't like 3.33 otherwise

Personally I though it was pretty blatant to begin with, but admittedly I didn't pay much attention to it.

I think my main problem with EVA 3.33 stems from

that fact that the first two movies built up this more optimistic (for Shinji, at least) story, with the culmination coming at the end of EVA 2.22, which I consider hauntingly beautiful.  EVA 3.33 came and dashed practically all that hope by having the world turn to complete shit and everyone (save one) hating Shinji.  It was like a shot to the gut, almost... BUT it was also entirely in line for the EVA series to do something like that, so I can't really even be mad at it.  I just want EVA Final to come out so I can finish the damn story and be done with it.