UnevenEdge

can i learn programming if can't into computers?

quebecelegy

depends what you want to learn. there's varying degrees of difficulty with programming languages. not a lot of people are going to agree with me on this, but i say to learn a scripting language first. why? i think scripting is faaaaaaaaar easier for a beginner to get into. the concepts are much more linear and simple. then maybe java or something idk

depends what you want to learn. there's varying degrees of difficulty with programming languages. not a lot of people are going to agree with me on this, but i say to learn a scripting language first. why? i think scripting is faaaaaaaaar easier for a beginner to get into. the concepts are much more linear and simple. then maybe java or something idk

was hoping eventually c++

is that the hardest one?

c++ and csharp are both good if you want to get into it. I tried learning some stuff, but I suck hard at calculus which you kinda have to take in college for the degree. There are things called coding bootcamps that can get you a job as well as a college degree can, but you should know the basics before going in.  Java is also good to know, but java don't pay the bills like the others.

C++ is easy af to learn. Just devote all free time to learning it and doing personal projects outside of school instead of wasting time on gayming.

Haskell, brainfuck, and assembly (outside of the x86, ARM, and motorola 68000 range) is hard af.

>needing assembly in $CURRENT_YEAR

the ONLY reason he would need assembly is if he wanted to work on mainframe or to work on something super legacy. there is no absolutely no reason to learn assembly otherwise unless you reaaaaaaaaally want to know what a 15000 line C++ program would look like if it were 50000 lines. i still say learn python (or bash if you're me) first and then jump to C++ or java

• 1 month later...

Bump, I guess...I don't know how well your endeavour is coming along but I would learn the definitions of commonly used words used in all logic structures like "if", "while", "until", "then", "or", and "and".  Then practice writing down some instructions of simple task (making your bed, getting to work, something like that) on a piece of paper.  This is  practicing a good first step of creating algorithms that will be used to create a program.