UnevenEdge

Great animated music videos that should be on Toonami!

OwlChemist81

In this thread, we share YouTube videos of great animated music videos that would be nice if featured on the late-night better cartoon show!

You might remember the epic video for the song by David Gilmour, the legendary guitarist of Pink Floyd, the title track of 2015's "Rattle That Lock," which played during the 2nd episode of the Michiko & Hatchin marathon on September 5, 2015:

There's actually another video from the same album which also captures the Toonami vibe, but it is quite a bit longer:

But wait, there's even MORE!! Here is a THIRD animated video from the same album!

What do y'all think?

Well even if it wasn't a movie month, I distinctly remember "Rattle That Lock" airing on the block at one point.

It aired September 5, 2015, right after the bumper during the second episode break in the Michiko & Hatchin marathon.  I think it aired at least once more that night.  I still have a recording of that marathon somewhere.

It aired September 5, 2015, right after the bumper during the second episode break in the Michiko & Hatchin marathon.  I think it aired at least once more that night.  I still have a recording of that marathon somewhere.

Huh, how in the world could I have missed that? You mean they didn't even cover it on Pre-Flight?

That's interesting! I was pretty sure I saw the whole marathon, but perhaps I missed an episode after all!? I suppose it's possible that it played while I was on my way home from a friend's house who didn't want to watch it because she'd seen it before, and I didn't record it either because my DVR missed it since it was a rerun!

Well apparently if you're right, then 963K people saw it (not including me). And that IS plausible because that was the last lineup before the marathon stream covered that weekend's Toonami!

In other news, listening to old Toonami Faithful Podcasts is quite funny, and yes, Episode #165 of the TFP does mention that the video did indeed air; how I missed that is beyond me!