UnevenEdge

Ward/Kovalev 2

Mix

I actually had to watch the first fight twice and could see that one being judged either way it was so close.....probably would have barely given it to Ward by a round.

I think Ward again this time, he's just so shrewd and I think he was a little rusty in the beginning of the first fight, but still wouldn't be surprised if it's Kovalev, what do you think?

Ward was definitely coming back, I think I had him up one, but to stop a fight this high profile with Kovalev still on his feet? Fucking bullshit, I don't think Kovalev got robbed the first time but he definitely did this time, but hats off to Ward he makes great adjustments and when he digs he digs deep, not his fault the ref got all jumpy.

A fight  :|

i'm gonna re-watch, as is becoming custom, but I didn't for-see Kovalev breaking mentally like that....early stoppage, some punches were low, but that aside, Sergei was folding....they should have let it go on

also, my initial comment covers the Rigo fight too

The only legitimate knockout here is Kovalev feeling like his testicles were knocked into his stomach......but nah, Ward is really good at placing those shots right on the belt.....but a few of them idk man.....some looked legit some looked highly questionable.

The only legitimate knockout here is Kovalev feeling like his testicles were knocked into his stomach......but nah, Ward is really good at placing those shots right on the belt.....but a few of them idk man.....some looked legit some looked highly questionable.

for sure

Got around to the replay this afternoon, looks like the last three punches Ward threw were two right on the belt and the final shot was a definite low blow, Ward uses whatever tactic he can to win and I'm not blaming him or losing respect for him but they need to get some refs in there that aren't blind in an eye, he was standing right next to it.

it's not a good look that the fight was waved off after such an obviously illegal punch....the fight could have been a real gem if it had been allowed to continue

Yep terrible really, the first six rounds were as good as the first fight, also not a good look when  the fight is stopped when the guy is still on his feet after one bad round and doesn't even get a ten count. I'm not going to discredit Ward even though I think he knew what he was doing. He landed on the belt purposely to prove his punches were legal and then went under, he had a smirk like he knew exactly what he was doing, it's the refs job and he did it terribly and it's the association's job to rectify this in some way to make sure stuff like this doesn't continue, which won't happen because boxing is stubborn as fuck and I think they like the controversy.