UnevenEdge

Came within a couple of hours of dying this week. Saw a picture of my cat.

Azalar Hex

Came down with some fierce nastiness on Tuesday and spent the last two days in the hospital.  Apparently if your body starts rejecting every fluid inside of it through every possible hole, you should probably call a doctor and not try to just tough it out.  Turns out if I had tried to be a badass symptom ignoring powerhouse for about two more hours my chances at biting it would have jumped up from "chance of" to "anyone got a forklift and a piano box?".

Also saw a picture of my old orange cat mid-roar.  It was pretty boss.

Came down with some fierce nastiness on Tuesday and spent the last two days in the hospital.  Apparently if your body starts rejecting every fluid inside of it through every possible hole, you should probably call a doctor and not try to just tough it out.  Turns out if I had tried to be a badass symptom ignoring powerhouse for about two more hours my chances at biting it would have jumped up from "chance of" to "anyone got a forklift and a piano box?".

Also saw a picture of my old orange cat mid-roar.  It was pretty boss.

oh my goodness!

How are you feeling now?

were they nice at the hospital? were they attentive enough?

did they have to put you on an IV?

and was there pudding?

I'm glad you went!

also, can you share the picture!?

did your first meal after taste like nothing before it?

Grits.

So ... kinda tasted like the last one that came out, actually.  I did have a baked chicken piece at lunch, though.  It was a glorious chicken and I thank that chicken, it was a good guy.

oh my goodness!

How are you feeling now?

were they nice at the hospital? were they attentive enough?

did they have to put you on an IV?

and was there pudding?

I'm glad you went!

also, can you share the picture!?

I'm doing a lot better.  Took about 12 hours for them to get the nausea out of the way.  I was pretty much out of it until then.  Couldn't handle the glasses sitting on my face so I was blind during that part, but lots of pretty out-of-focus nurses during that time.

That had me on about four IVs at once since I was seriously dehydrated.  Went in both arms and did a thorough job of perforating the rest with blood draws thanks to the fact my veins are hard to find outside of the classic IV spots.  They were good folks, though.  Sadly, no pudding.  They had me on zero liquids and foods for the first six hours or so, then mostly water and ice chips until things started calming down in my stomach.  I did get some sugar free jell-o eventually.

It was lime flavored.

No cat picture, it was on my sister's phone.  It shall become my new avatar when I get it, though.

Grits.

So ... kinda tasted like the last one that came out, actually.  I did have a baked chicken piece at lunch, though.  It was a glorious chicken and I thank that chicken, it was a good guy.

I'm doing a lot better.  Took about 12 hours for them to get the nausea out of the way.  I was pretty much out of it until then.  Couldn't handle the glasses sitting on my face so I was blind during that part, but lots of pretty out-of-focus nurses during that time.

That had me on about four IVs at once since I was seriously dehydrated.  Went in both arms and did a thorough job of perforating the rest with blood draws thanks to the fact my veins are hard to find outside of the classic IV spots.  They were good folks, though.  Sadly, no pudding.  They had me on zero liquids and foods for the first six hours or so, then mostly water and ice chips until things started calming down in my stomach.  I did get some sugar free jell-o eventually.

It was lime flavored.

No cat picture, it was on my sister's phone.  It shall become my new avatar when I get it, though.

WOW oh my goodness!!

Was this some kind of flu?

Or pancreatitis?

I'm happy to hear that they were nice and they did a good job taking care of you!

Did you have any fun roommates?

Glad you're feeling better :)